[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I find a job in IT-related stuff? I'm a CS grad with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: t.jpg (154 KB, 1300x1023) Image search: [Google]
t.jpg
154 KB, 1300x1023
How do I find a job in IT-related stuff? I'm a CS grad with some post-grad studies.
>>
install gentoo.
>>
>>55221733
Jesus Christ. Colleges really need to stress internships for CS and CiS majors. Go to craigslist, indeed, glass door, linkedin, and anywhere else you can find. If you took a Cisco class they have a job searching tool or you can look for Cisco partners.

Make a resume. Apply for job. Don't show up to the interview in a t shirt wear a proper button up and tie. Thank the interviewer for his time at the end.

Basically learn how to look for a job. Why are new grads so dumb?
>>
>>55221906
Universities that don't force people to take an internship are either preparing them for grad school or sucking money out of them.
>>
>>55221924
Shit, I asked my teachers for help finding an entry level job while I was in school so I could get exposure and contacts before graduating.
>>
>>55221924
Universities should just straight up tell you that if you don't have an internship or a job lined up a year before you graduate, you're going to be unemployed.
>>
>>55221906
>Don't show up to the interview in a t shirt wear a proper button up and tie.

Why should this be necessary in an IT work environment?
>>
>>55223432
>NEETfa/g/s don't understand the concept of dressing up for an interview
Just go in wearing a fucking tshirt and shorts. I'm sure that will work out well for you.
>>
>>55223432
It's necessary because your boss and the person ultimately responsible for hiring you, is probably not an IT guy. Simple as that.
>>
>>55221733
send in this resume
>>
>>55222206

Not true. That being said I'm unemployed LUL.

Friends aren't, and we did the same thing.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.