[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Persuade me? CS or CE?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: download.jpg (5 KB, 311x162) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
5 KB, 311x162
Leaning towards computer science. I actually dont even know what im gonna do with my life. i just study books and have no creativity or ideas at all. i read that in computer engineering you work in groups most of the time. nty.
>>
can you guys imagine if people went around lazily trying to provoke others into convincing them that they should study X or Y like the OP here?
>>
>>55219502
>computer science.
that isn't an actual field, thats like saying you are leaning towards math
>>
>>55219518
everyone does it in /pol/ on who they should vote for. im just trying to see the pros and cons of each one before i decide

>>55219539
its a major...
>>
>>55219539
Sure, 'pure' CS is a subset of math and logic, but there is still a whole bunch of shit that you would only do in a CS program.
>>
Go the ECE master race way

3 years into my degree and i always work alone so far
>>
>>55219502
Meh. I wanted to be an engineer. I'm very creative and love to try to figure out new ways to do things. But I'm not -engineer- creative to where I would or could be in a team where we literally had to come up with something new. Improve old things? Sure. But come up with something new? Nah.

I've realized that as long as my work involves dressing nice and making enough money to support my car and technology fetishes then I'm happy.

That being said, leaning towards math major with comp sci minor or business minor. Comp sci to lead a team and manage projects or business to get into stocks, management, etc...

Math has a lot of fall back on without a minor so I feel it's a pretty safe bet.
>>
>>55219502
Don't fall for the engineering meme.
>>
>>55219502
Imo it's a matter of whether you wanna deal with hardware or not. If circuits and the like bore you, then just go CS.

You can always program on the side or do some hardware related project and get the exact same jobs. It's literally a matter of what you wanna be involved with in school.

Of course that is just my experience of the programs at Texas A&M in college station
>>
>>55219502
you're fucked if you do either if you're looking for advice on /g/.
>>
Look at the Applied science majors if you actually want a job and are interested in computers and stay away from heavy IT code monkey stuff and more towards the math to apply to what your learning.
>>
>>55219502
EE
>>
>>55224527
> memeE
>>
>>55219539
But math is an actual field m9
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.