[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /g/ I have a question... How could someone hack an email
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: 1451184234339.png (14 KB, 166x166) Image search: [Google]
1451184234339.png
14 KB, 166x166
Hey /g/ I have a question...

How could someone hack an email and password, and then use that to find out other emails accounts connected to the first one.

Like say if I foolishly emailed someone and they replied back, but sent the message to another email account of mine?

No reason... Just curious... :/
>>
your scenario doesnt even make sense.
so "hacking" is way over your head.
>>
>>55219224
Ok, but that's what just happened to me...

I got an email with my real name and email account password. From a different account from the one I originally used...
>>
>>55219224
Also, should I be worried?
>>
>>55219286
Yes, you're fucked
>>
rip
>>
What was the email about lad?
>>
>>55219205
>:/
>>
>>55219205
>No reason... Just curious... :/
>Ok, but that's what just happened to me...
so there is a reason you fkin liar
>>
I'm just a little worried this person now knows my name and other email accounts and I'm curious what else he can get into.
>>
When you say "foolishly" does that mean you ran your mouth and got in trouble in return?

Chat shit get banged
>>
>>55219353
He just said hello, there was a link to some website obsessedmuch.net

I was curious so I clicked it but it just opened up a bunch of sites but Firefox fixed that.
>>
>>55219377
He opened a phishing link
>>
>>55219377
Foolishly as in he told me he was a hacker, and I emailed him and asked if he could teach me a bit about internet privacy and anonymity

Would this be considered irony?
>>
>>55219205
If there isn't any salting involved in keeping the credentials, you can use the same hash key to decrypt all passwords. This is why a lot of services require you to have 8 characters minimum, a capital letter and a number.
>>
>>55219402
Hmm, I'll change all my passwords then. But how could the hacker link that one (newly created) email to my main email?
I'm just wondering how is all...
>>
>>55219397
Oh man if you make basic mistakes like these you really need to curb your internet use. Not joking or trolling here.
>>
>>55219688
Like should I even be posting here?
>>
>>55219701
Nope. Someone else probably hacked you just now
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.