[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /g/. I'm a novice sysadmin and I've been assigned
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: C9I3SZuI.png (18 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
C9I3SZuI.png
18 KB, 400x400
Hi /g/.
I'm a novice sysadmin and I've been assigned to migrate our medium sized mail server to IceWarp.
Should I go with Windows or Linux? If Linux, which distro? Being in a large corporation I can ask for almost any hardware and other software I want. Thanks.
>>
>>55218419
>icewarp
>not postfix+dovecot+spamd
>>
>>55218484
I would have probably gone with that, but we already had the enterprise license before I started working here and they were planning for it for a long time now.
>>
>>55218516
use what you are most comfortable with
>>
>>55218419
>If Linux, which distro?
CentOS
>>
>>55218549
This
>>
>>55218539
i think op has to merge it, he doesnt get to choose what mailserver he wants to use

>>55218516
tfw postfix so comfy though, the thing i hate about licenced enterprise crap is that theyre so poorly documented, and when you want to get rid of them it its an extreme hassle migrating shit back. I've never used icewarp but theres probably a way of migrating the /var/mail stuff into their software once youve setup the addresses
>>
>>55218568
OS i meant
>>
>>55218568
any serious implementation would store messages in a db
>>
>>55218549
>>55218553
fuck no

i got shilled into using centos for my server, and it was alright for a bit, until you realise that yum has no packages. changed that shit straight to debian and everything was comfy again
>>
>>55218598
I would like to use either SQLite or MySQL depending on the exact number of users that they will tell me probably later today or tomorrow.

>>55218568
Yeah, licensed enterprise software is a hassle to deal with sometimes. But given IceWarp is a very different piece of software for Windows and Linux, I would say that the gui windows version will probably be more comfortable for the older IT guys here. Going the opensource road would of course be better for performance and such...
>>
>>55218625
what is epel?
>>
>>55218693
>implying epel actually contains any useful packages
>>
>>55218735
it does. it even has meme packages like htop
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.