[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Chromebook 13 vs ThinkPad 13 Chromebook
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
$430
13.3" FHD
Celeron
4GB

Or are there better 13-inch Chromebooks?
>>
Acer is the only brand you should be buying chromebooks from.

http://www.buydig.com/shop/product.aspx?sku=ARCB5311T677

>2.1ghz quad core tegra 1
>13.3" full HD screen (1920x1080)
>4gb DDR3 ram
>dedicated kepler GPU
>32gb SSD

344$
includes "comfyview screen technology"
i have no idea what it is but it sounds comfy

acer also makes the CB3 and C720, both of which are /g/ approved and the C720 is even FOSS
>>
Chromebook user here: don't get one. Yeah they do basic stuff like web browsing but that's it. The OS is a gimped version of android and the specs are fucking awful.

I'm now struggling to sell the hp chromebook I bought on ebay. I'm really disappointed, this thing was more hype than function.
>>
>>55214952
>gimped version of android
>can only do web browsing

someone doesnt actually own a chromebook

ChromeOS is its own form of linux distro, its more linux than android is, significantly at that, it use to be based on gentoo and parts of chromeOS today are still built on top of little bits of gentoo
its light as fuck, if you disable the desktop enviornment and browser the OS runs on about 60mb of ram, with the DE its still only about 250mb

its easy as shit to install linux on them, many have m.2 ports to install bigger SSD's in, some even have socketed i series processors and can be upgraded heavily

developer mode is a matter of pressing a few buttons and a clean wipe over about 3 minutes, leaving you with root access and the ability to do all sorts of neat shit

then again, some people just want shitposting machines, and chromebooks are good for that

OP, if you dont intend to do anything more than browse the web and watch videos, get the CB3, 170$ new, 2gb ram, n2840 celeron, etc
>>
>>55214747
When did /g/ ever approve of Acers?
>>
Do offline docs work in chromeos? is there an equivalent to the desktop application version of drive in windows that syncs files on your hard drive ?
>>
ThinkPad 13 Chromebook isn't released yet.
>>
>>55217092
It releases this month. It's pretty worthy to talk about.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.