[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is your excuse for not owning a gaming laptop? >portable
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4
File: best-gaming-laptop-reviews-1.png (148 KB, 1000x530) Image search: [Google]
best-gaming-laptop-reviews-1.png
148 KB, 1000x530
What is your excuse for not owning a gaming laptop?

>portable
>fast
>draw less power
>looks better than desktops
>sometimes its cheaper than desktop counterpart
>still function incase of a power outage

>inb4 itx
kek
>>
>>55214256
too hot
expensive
battery is shit
too hot
expensive
too hot
expensive
screen is low res
battery is shit
everything is shit
hot
>>
>>55214256
I had one, practically burned my penis off with the heat.

Now I own a Vita and remote play PS4 games, so comfy.
>>
>>55214256
typing "gaming laptop" should be a banable offence
>>
>>55214256
Parts are not easily replaceable.
That's all really.
They are definitely not cheaper than desktop.
>>
Because we are gainfully employed?
>>
No 1070m exist yet
>>
>>55214256
see>>55214279

also add:
>heavy
>plastic
>gaymur lights

The only "gaming" laptop I would ever consider is a Razer Blade cause it looks tame enough with the LEDs disabled and the razor core is pretty cool.
>>
Not 16.
>>
>>55214256
I literally don't need one. That's my excuse.
>>
>>55214256
gaymen laptops are so ugly they cause cancer
>>
>>55214256
>portable
debatable, especially when you factor in the shit battery life
>fast
not nearly as fast as a desktop
>looks better
entirely subjective, I think most gaming laptops (and gaming-branded products in general) look like hot shit
>cheaper
yeah okay
lemme go ahead and spend $2000 on something I can build for $1500 or less in desktop form
>still function incase of a power outage
what are you, some kind of imbecile that doesn't have a ups?
>>
File: 1466122336837.jpg (9 KB, 250x226) Image search: [Google]
1466122336837.jpg
9 KB, 250x226
>>55214462
I'd also like to add
>still function in case of power outage
Yes, but your router doesn't.
>>
File: r7umZnt.jpg (552 KB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
r7umZnt.jpg
552 KB, 3840x2160
Around 2010 I bought an Acer Aspire 5750G for around $600. My last desktop had died and I HD nothing. I was commuting to classes and floating between my parents place and where ever my head hit the pillow that night. A laptop fit my needs more than a desktop. It came with an nVidia 520m with an i3 processor. It ran Skyrim and League like a champ. Was absolutely unplayable for Diablo 3. Since then I've retired it as my media laptop hooked up to the TV which can still run games like Rogue Legacy and Tower fall. Also acts as a Kodi box. I'd say it was a good buy for sure.
>>
>>55214503
>he doesnt have a UPS on his networking setup
>>
>>55214256
I already have a desktop for gaming, a laptop if I go to game elsewhere, not as good as my tower but good enough. Also have a n3ds for portable gaming needs. Don't need a gaeming laptop. Too much thermal throttling and shite Batt life.
>>
File: h2w_king_bad2.jpg (42 KB, 468x586) Image search: [Google]
h2w_king_bad2.jpg
42 KB, 468x586
>>55214256
Hunchback of Notebook Dame.
>>
>>55214256
If a power outage ever happens in my house that means either the whole block has no power, or the apocalypse has started.
>>
>>55214567
My i5 laptop without a dgpu could run skyrim at 60fps at low (got hot), and league 60fps at low (got warm).
>>
>>55214256
The only reason I can see this actually having benefit over a desktop is if you're always traveling for your job. You'd still have to get a laptop cooling fan to throw under it just in case though.
>>
>>55214256
I'm not a pathetic manchild that plays video games.
>>
"Guaranteed replies: the 4chan thread"
>>
>>55214256
But I do
>>
>>55214256
>fast
>sometimes its cheaper than desktop counterpart
All wrong. Nothing looks better than a nice keyboard and a huge screen that doesn't look like alien shit when not viewed from the front, mobile cpus and gpus are at least 40% slower, until they get too hot, then they are 80% slower. They also cost a shitton more, always.
>>
I do though. Inspiron 17r se. It's fucking fantastic. Have had it for a couple of years. Upgraded the ram to 16gb. The display is perfect, doesn't run too hot, has halfway decent battery for when I'm in class and can't plug in, and plays every game I've thrown at it with at least medium graphics setting. And at only 400 was the best money I've ever spent on a laptop.
>>
>>55214292
>gaming
>windows 10
>recommend
Should all autosage
>>
not being a huge faggot.
>>
>>55214256
Slower and less powerful than a similarly priced Desktop. Shitty Battery Life. Etc.
>>
>>55214256
laptop with pci express + external graphic card > all gaming laptops
>>
>>55214256
>less power than a desktop
>more expensive than a desktop
>runs hotter than a desktop
>more awkward to use than a desktop, especially mobile use
>louder than a desktop
>runs on battery, could die in the middle of a session
>no possibility of upgrading GPU in most cases

Buy a desktop and a decent low power laptop, you'll spend the same amount of money and get more power out of the desktop and you won't be carrying a 12 pound brick with you wherever you go. Keep the games at home, turbonerd.
>>
>>55214256
loud
more expensive
worse performance
harder, if not impossible to upgrade
>>
they die in a year due to thermal strain
>>
I'm a college grad almost every year and used to live in tiny ass apartments, so at the time a gaming laptop was the best choice. To be fair my ASUS has been around since January of 2010 and still works but I basically use it like a desktop, but my next gaming rig will definitely be a desktop
>>
Bought Alienware 14 instead of a XPS 15.
Hello, I am Pajeet, destroyer of worlds.
>>
>>55214256
>gaming laptop
>portable

pick one faggot
>>
>>55214256
I've thinkpad
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.