[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: software that automatically makes someone a cancerous developer.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6
File: hipster.jpg (424 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
hipster.jpg
424 KB, 1000x667
ITT: software that automatically makes someone a cancerous developer.
>sublime text: make monolithic code because they just look at their shitty code mini map
>git kraken: throw out your merge conflicts with one click of a button because they don't know how to use git
>>
>vim: spend more time trying to desperrately look like a hacker and configuring .vimrc than eriting any actual code
>>
File: 1465327726885.png (2 MB, 1357x1281) Image search: [Google]
1465327726885.png
2 MB, 1357x1281
>>55213911
OSX
>>
>>55213911
Using Python, Java, Go, or Visual Basic willingly.
>>
>>55213911
vim/emacs
linux (except when it's actually needed)
>>
Emacs.
How to spot a useless retard that will never shut up about why you should switch from your free license to a restrictive one like the GPL.
>>
>>55214037
What's wrong with using Java?
>>
>>55213911
Visual Studio with entity framework tm
microsoft is fucking cancer.
>>
>>55213911
using bootstrap, jquery, and other fuckloads of javascript
>>
>>55214037
>t. fizzbuzz developer
>>
File: 4L_Sc3xVEwr.jpg (477 KB, 973x742) Image search: [Google]
4L_Sc3xVEwr.jpg
477 KB, 973x742
>>55213975
>he's not intelligent enough to use vim
>thinks you have to spend time on .vimrc
Nigger I set my vimrc once years ago haven't had to touch it since. You are confirmed as female and/or low IQ.
>>
Anything I don't use but people who write that software that's actually used do
>>
>>55214091
No, he just has a child's perception of time. A few hours of configuration is a large porton of his life.
>>
>>55214074
Slow, bloated, ugly, and pajeet.
>>
>>55214112
>Slow
Substantiate this please.
>bloated
Substantiate this please.
>Ugly
...?
>pajeet
Oh ok. It's /g/ that makes you hate it.
>>
>>55214076

Oh so if you work in an organisation that uses MS stack you're cancer? Kill yourself.
>>
>>55214167
>>Slow
>Substantiate this please.
C++ is faster. Known for being slow too.

>>bloated
>Substantiate this please.
InternalFrameInternalFrameTitlePaneInternalFrameTitlePaneMaximizeButtonWindowNotFocusedState

>>Ugly
>...?
InternalFrameInternalFrameTitlePaneInternalFrameTitlePaneMaximizeButtonWindowNotFocusedState

>>pajeet
>Oh ok. It's /g/ that makes you hate it.
If the users of the language are known for being tards, that says something about the language.
>>
Emacs.
It means the person prefers quantity over quality.
They'll try to make the software they write do everything, even stuff that isn't in scope, and do it poorly.
>>
File: useless.jpg (48 KB, 600x804) Image search: [Google]
useless.jpg
48 KB, 600x804
>>55213996
Im literally going through mac cert this week, learning far more and gaining access to a lot of exclusive mac things, ill even be able to open macs and not void the warranty.

That being said macs are complete garbage when you get down to it. I mean ignore the weebaboos, my job is spending over 5k on this training and I am really seeing how when you move past the fisher price UI the amount of "gotchas" with software/hardware support is entirely intentional or just terrible planning, esp compared to linux, or fuck even windows.

Im not gonna bother listing them but let me just tell you one, the magnetic powercord is a deathtrap, the magnet attracts metal filiments which is why they always short and catch fire, and the non-existant strain relief on the cord is literally designed that way because apple thinks strain relief is ugly, they sacraficed functionality for form everywhere, thats just one example.
>>
>>55214112
so you don't like it because /g/ told you not to like it
>>
>>55214058

those are GNU/Emacs guys. XEmacs guys done give a fuck
>>
>>55214267
I didn't like it before I went to /g/, which was about 7 years ago.
>>
>>55213911
>code mini map
what is that
>>
>>55214058
>restrictive one like the GPL
Maybe you should use a EULA, kiddo.
>>
>>55214265
spoken like a true amateur.

those "gotchas" are quality control. meaning they won't allow something into the system that does not totally reliably work.
>>
File: 1445081190545.jpg (161 KB, 736x460) Image search: [Google]
1445081190545.jpg
161 KB, 736x460
>>55214340
>>
Every vim user I've ever met talks a huge game about their editor but can't code for shit. I have no doubt it's the same for people on here.
>>
>>55214058
>restrictive one like the GPL
maybe restrictive if your name starts with billg and ends with ates
>>
>>55214422
>t. eminent footskin connoisseur
>>
File: 1423518298225.gif (3 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
1423518298225.gif
3 MB, 400x225
>>55214340
No, nonono thats the problem, they repetedly allow things that do not reliably work in order to make it pretty. Yet somehow pcs with iterchangeable parts from hundreds of various companies work fine, and not be burdoned by the stupidest of issues that macs have. Im not even anti mac, im just pointing out valid issues and the causes, im not bashing on them for removing the optical drive, you shill
>>
Refused to use BitBucket.
>>
>>55214629
>B-b-b-but muh design

I can't take seriously designers who put form over function. And we are talking about very basic functionality here, like having a cable that doesn't destroy itself the first time it's bended.
Has Jonathan Ive ever acknowledged these issues, or is he too busy rubbing his hands and swimming in cash?
>>
>>55214766
not him, and i don't mean to seem to defend apple, but they very clearly have a narrative in mind:
- you don't open the case
- you don't service the components yourself
- other terms that probably irk /g/

and under that constraint it doesn't really matter if the cable breaks when it's bent a certain way. they weren't designing for it to be arbitrarily bent in the first place.

i'm not saying i agree with that decision, but it's as valid to make that decision as any other. it's up to users whether it matters to them that they can't go in and change things, and users have pushed back on companies in the past.
>>
>>55213911
Macbook
>>
Lol that the worst anyone has to say about vim/emacs is 100 percent anecdotal or that they have too much configuration.
>>
>>55213996
>tfw your pictorial argument is irrelevant, women have already won the world esp the good looking ones
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.