[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there any IDE for Vala that has proper IntelliSense? I am
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2
File: 1457431922760.jpg (1 MB, 1860x2630) Image search: [Google]
1457431922760.jpg
1 MB, 1860x2630
Is there any IDE for Vala that has proper IntelliSense?

I am currently using a mix between Anjuta and Geany. Anjuta for the UI (as it kind of act likes a terrible Visual Studio by using Glade), Geany for coding. Me as a longtime Visual Studio user is really astonished how terrible most of the non Java/C# IDEs actually are. It really is frustating. So is there any proper Vala IDE that runs on (Arch) Linux? Please do not suggest Valama it is outdated as fuck as well. Geany does not have IntelliSense and Anjuta bugs around so much that I honestly could simply use Glade instead of it.
>>
>>55213671
>IntelliSense
That's Microsoftian for "code completion"
>>
>>55213678
Which should make it obvious that I am used to Visual Studio. Because of my uni (and me switching to Linux) I was forced to switch to MonoDevelop/Eclipse/NetBeans. All of them have "code completion" specifically Eclipse and NetBeans literally writes 20% of the code itself. Who the fuck wants to write manually everything about loops switchs and what the fuck not.

So do you know any IDE or did you just post for the sake of posting?
>>
File: 1459817420716.jpg (157 KB, 1157x1637) Image search: [Google]
1459817420716.jpg
157 KB, 1157x1637
As the only IDE that appearently is a bit advanced (in contrast to all the other shitty ones) is not compiling (probably because it has not been updated since a year), I will go back to C# with MonoDevelop and Gtk#. I can't stand this shit I'd love to use Vala to write C# code and have it compiled into native C but I won't fuck my brain just because I want native code.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.