[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>3 days without internet I'M BACK MOM, DAD IT'S
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
>3 days without internet

I'M BACK
MOM, DAD
IT'S ME, ALLEN
>>
WHAT YEAR IS IT?!
>>
>>55211749
It's the future. 1998
>>
I once went a month without internet. I read 7 books, fixed my car, and built a charcoal grill. That was 2 years ago, so far I haven't done half that.
>>
>>55211778
Was 2 months for me. I read like 10 books, became a stoic, attained Gnosis, got caught up in everything I was stalling (finding a job, medical insurance, bills, registering for school), and then when I got the internet I went right back to wasting time and shitposting.
>>
File: ohrxxmp.jpg (27 KB, 666x570) Image search: [Google]
ohrxxmp.jpg
27 KB, 666x570
>>55211682
>>55211749
>>
File: 27041931.jpg (536 KB, 1415x1409) Image search: [Google]
27041931.jpg
536 KB, 1415x1409
>>55211817
>became a stoic
>>
I squatted in an empty house without utilities for about a year and a half before the bank showed up.
I read an immense amount of books from the local library, meditated, exercised, and learned a great deal about myself. I miss it. The internet is a great thing but it is very easy to just get sucked in and do fuck all besides shitpost. Been back on the net for 3 years now. Im fat alone and haven't read a book since my time in Jumanji.
>>
>>55212216
How did you pick somewhere to squat? What happened when they kicked you out? Do squatters actually have rights?

I live in constant fear that I'll come home one day and a bunch of greasy hippy vagrants will have broken in to my home and claim to be squatting so I can't kick them out. Irrational? Maybe.
>>
>>55212264
I am not sure how that works. Im not a professional hobo. My situation was i knew of a house that was empty not too many neighbors. I looked up the owner. (went to prison iirc) and his house was like in the process of being taken back by the bank. Every so often people would show up to make sure nothing was fucked up friends/family of his and people from the bank. I would just lie using the information i found and pretended to be a caretaker to the bank people or friend of a relative to others. I even did this to the police. Not a single soul tried to make me leave. However after about a year and a half a bunch of mail started showing up and then a subpoena the house was being fully taken by the bank and i was like welp time to go.
>>
>>55212394
Interesting. I have fairly frequent day dreams about being homeless but that's probably just a side effect of hating my life so much, I'm a classic "run away from your problems" chap. I suspect I won't like it half as much as I think, but I'm still curious.
>>
>>55211682
>nobody wants to rent What Dreams May Come anymore.
>>
*cringe*
>>
>>55212445

If I were to do it again to be completely honest I really wouldn't want to be homeless in an urban area. Unless I were a drifter and didnt spend too long in one town. I would much rather just go all out and set up camp in the woods. It was my first choice but i decided to try the squatter thing instead. In the woods sure you need to know how to hunt and scavenge but i think it would be less stressful at least for me I spent my childhood camping and doing bushcraft. But I wouldn't take it back like I said i learned a lot I just wish i could put what i learned into practice. This world of dust we live in is very distracting.

>>55212637
Somebody cheated their dice roll.
>>
I went a month without internet once.
I played gta SA and diablo II the entire time.
>>
>>55212843
Muh niggz
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.