[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Windows Phone app support
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: woooooooooooooooooooooo.webm (2 MB, 1280x512) Image search: [Google]
woooooooooooooooooooooo.webm
2 MB, 1280x512
What the everloving fucknuggets is wrong with Windows Phone?

I made the mistake of trusting someone else in the care of my LG G3 and now half the screen is unusable, so I had to take a Lumia 640 as a loaner while insurance brings in a new phone- and oh my fucking GOD, this OS is a shithole.

Spotify's app is literally a direct port of the Android version, sans a few features.
Even after SEVERAL YEARS, Google has STILL neglected to make a proper YouTube app for this platform, meaning that the only "official" app simply links to the website.
The IRC apps can't run in the background like AndChat could, and IRC7 will disconnect if you LOOK at it wrong.

Visual Studio has literal TEMPLATES for this shit. Why is nobody using them, and why the fuck are the people who have so incompetent?!
>>
>>55210467
Aren't you the same fucking faggot who shilled the Lumia and how you just bought one? Fuck off faggot, you deserve this.
>>
People who write like THIS are fucking RETARDED
>>
Because Microsoft keeps changing their fucking minds on how WP apps should be made. UWP was just the latest in a string of "Actually, you should have apps run like THIS" that they've been doing with the platform for the past few years, since they've had no idea what exactly WP is supposed to be.

But since UWP apps are supposed to be delivered through the MS store, devs first want to see that people are actually using the Windows store. The problem there is that nobody is using it because all the applications are terrible.

You know what Isn't in the Windows Store? 7zip, Adobe Reader, Chrome, Firefox, fucking Office isn't in there. Basically anything that's packaged as an MSI or EXE isn't listed in there, and those are the only things people are looking to put on their desktops. Even the Apple store allows full applications to exist on their App Store because it's easier to grab them there and have them be remembered so when I rebuild my machine, all my applications are just a click away from being reinstalled and updated, all without having to set my browser out to the internet. Microsoft isn't doing this, so a key advantage of having an app store isn't being utilized.
>>
>>55210467
The Apple iPhone 6S Plus doesn't have this problem.
>>
>>55210503
t. illiterate
>>
>>55210467
WP is not multitasking, if you didn't knew that, you're retarded.

Google are being dicks about not making apps for WP, it's not WP's fault.

I have a Lumia 640 and honestly, for 100€ it fucking rocks. I trust it better than my 2013 Nexus 7. Oh, not to mention that the battery runs for more than a week, easy peasy.

Your problem is that you only want to complaint. You're not happy with the app situation in WP store? Do something about it, take those templates and create something yourself, instead of whining.
>>
>>55211253
>WP is not multitasking
You nigger what?
Do you work in apple support?
>>
>>55212527
Did I stutter? WP only runs one app at a time.
>>
>>55210467
Stop complaining, start using the templates, maybe you will make something, like most of wp users that I know
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.