[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why do I feel like I come across as autistic whenever I have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: feelrunner.jpg (96 KB, 883x990) Image search: [Google]
feelrunner.jpg
96 KB, 883x990
why do I feel like I come across as autistic whenever I have to reply to emails in work related things?

whats the right level of formality for standard tech jobs. I have a guy who always replies with shit like "10-4" and other dadisms but then I feel like a douche for writing formal.

posted in /g/ because maybe you'd understand this feel.
>>
>>55209899
Hi X,
[your response here]
Thanks,
Y

Or just respond with the same level of formality as the email you received.
>>
Dear Sir or Madame or to whom it may concern,

[your response here]

Kind Regards/Sincerely/Humbly,
X
>>
>>55209899
It's work you're supposed to pretend you take it seriously

Greetings, Name
Blah blah blah
Regards, Your Name

I use this format even with casual emails, its just good practice
>>
>>55209899
Here's my usual response
Ok

- [first initial]
>>
Normies will hate you no matter what you do.

Just don't worry about it or it will haunt you forever.

Pretty sure everyone at my job hates me even though I always get my shit done on time, because I don't shuck and jive around the water cooler enough.
>>
>>55210029
Way too much.

>>55209995
This, it's not fucking rocket science OP but honestly I know what you mean, I'm a turbo autist who over-thinks shit like this too. Open with this level of formality then adjust as necessary.
>>
>>55210074
>Pretty sure everyone at my job hates me
You must be doing something wrong. I'm pretty sure NO ONE at my job hates me. I'm not saying they love me, but they definitively don't hate me.

Also
>being angry at people who take small breaks and chat a little
Wow, you're a cunt aren't you?
>>
Also its good practice to mention any attachments you are sending
>>55210058
>>
File: 4L_SNNsngeG.gif (2 MB, 400x385) Image search: [Google]
4L_SNNsngeG.gif
2 MB, 400x385
>>55209995
This. Yeah i over think this shit too. Just keep it short and sweet. Most people don't want to read a bunch of bullshit. Just let the "Hi" and "thanks" be the human element. Also if applicable I usually throw in a "hope all is well with you" or "have a nice holiday weekend" or other bullshit but this is when talking to clients not internal emails. With clients sometimes you need to add a little extra. But overall just keep it short and to the point. Less is more.
>>
>>55210074
>Pretty sure everyone at my job hates me [...] because I don't shuck and jive around the water cooler enough

Probably. I hate several people on my team because they are never up for shooting the shit or playing some board games over a beer.

I'm looking for a new job largely because my current team sucks socially.
>>
Sup nig,
<Message>
Dictated but not read,
<Your name>
>>
>>55210242
Yeah man it's not enough to spend 8hrs a day with the same people it's gotta be 12hrs + weekends
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.