[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Well, /g/. It looks like tablets are going to replace PC's.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
Well, /g/. It looks like tablets are going to replace PC's. It's inevitable.
>>
>>55208111
Keyboard + Mouse confirmed for decline of PC's. Tablet is the way of the future.
>>
>>55208111
>>55208131
>these are the people I have to share the internet with

I'm not even a PC gamer but it's absolutely disgusting how retarded some people truly are familia. I bet this was taking from some fucktard gaming forum or some shit. You'd have to be a brain dead idiot to take anything these morons say with any seriousness.

With that being said tablets are very convenient but if laptops haven't replace pcs, tablets/phones definitely won't replace them.
>>
>>55208379
Laptops basically have replaced desktops for most of the population. In my experience even offices have transitioned away from towers to laptops/docks. The desktop is basically only used by gamers and people who haven't bought a new computer in a decade now.

Tablets will never fully replace PCs though, because it's basically impossible to do real work on a touch screen.
>>
>>55208111
>looks like tablets are going to replace PC's. It's inevitable.
it's almost like we are entering a post-pc era

can't believe nobody called that years ago
>>
>>55208424
If that was true everybody would be using laptops and nobody would have desktops anymore. Desktops aren't extinct and they never will be. At the end of the laptops/tablets don't have the same potential of power or space that you get with a PC. As far as gaming go I play on console so I don't really give a shit, but as far as day to day activities go, of course normies prefer tablets and kindles for MUH CANDY CRUSH and retarded shit like that, but they'll never truly replace PCs, at least not in the foreseeable future. Maybe 20-30 years from now.
>>
>>55208379
> I bet this was taking from some fucktard gaming forum or some shit

There's a 3DS friend code in the signature, so you're spot on. Ironically it's the handhelds that actually will go extinct soon.
>>
>>55208479
>If that was true everybody would be using laptops and nobody would have desktops anymore
https://www.google.com/search?q=desktop+pc+sales+2016
>Desktops aren't extinct and they never will be. At the end of the laptops/tablets don't have the same potential of power or space that you get with a PC.
The average consumer doesn't care because a laptop is powerful enough for most usecases. If I can compile software on my laptop, mom can check her email and browse facebook. No one gives a shit about power when it comes at the expense of portability.
>>
>>55208379
Yeah it is pretty simple: most use cases for the average person warrant portability over serious power. For most people a tablet would so as well as a laptop in that regard. My parents use some shitty free tablet they got from VZ and even that satisfies their facebook needs.

Hell I normally do more development on my thinkpad than I do my i7 tower.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.