[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can I run two monitors off one computer, but one running from
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
Can I run two monitors off one computer, but one running from the graphics card, whilst the other monitor runs off the motherboard?
>>
>>55207643
Short answer:
No.
Slightly less short answer:
You are going to get horrible headaches when you could just plug another cable into the GPU.
>>
>>55207706
You totally can with little to no issue.

I have a 144hz monitor. My graphics card is a 290, I have 2 other monitors running at 60hz.

If I plug them all into the 290 I can't effectively use the 144hz monitor.

If I plug the other 2 into the mainboard with the iGPU, it works fine. Sure, I had to reconfigure my desktop to look pretty and set my AMD-run display as main, but after that, not many problems.
>>
>>55207746
So I can?

Do I need to change any BIOS settings for it to work or can I just plug it in and go?
>>
>>55207643
Yes
>>
>>55207814
>>55207789
>>55207746
>>55207706
>>55207643
>/g/ is NOT your personal tech support team or personal consumer review site.
>>
File: multi-gpu.png (61 KB, 638x598) Image search: [Google]
multi-gpu.png
61 KB, 638x598
>>55207643
Possible since at least Ivy Bridge. Just choose enable multi-gpu in bios. No idea about AMD motherboard/CPU.
Here's me running 3 monitors off the intel integrated and 1 monitor off the AMD graphics.
>>
Yes
I do it with my 770 Because I needed a DVI port and my 770 didn't have one but my mobo did.
>>
Related question.

Can I run a worstation card and a gaming card in the same system?

Would I have to run seperate monitors to both cards or could I have both cards plugged into the same monitor with one using display port and the other hdmi?
>>
>>55208388
#Workstation

Right now I have a Firepro 5900 which I use for work. Would a Radeon card be more likely to work alongside it because same card maker or mor likely to have conflicts with drivers?
>>
>>55207643
Intel has a technology enabled, at least on some models, that enables you to use both IGD and PCI Graphics. I can't find the name of the feature, but it should be under your BIOS settings.
>>
>>55207843
Yeah man, /g/ is strictly for special needs kids to talk about linux..and how it is the best desktop OS and everyone should use it.

Fuck off and stay out of threads you have no business being in Mr. /g/ police faggot.
>>
>>55208388
This is kinda what I am doing when I get my 1080. Gonna use it for my triple 144hz monitors and VR headsets and then use my 770 to run my projector and 2 other 7 inch screens.

All my research says it should work fine.
>>
Yes it's possible, 2 from GPU and 1 from integrated GPU (Intel). I try this on opensuse like 3 years ago dunno about windows.
>>
It's literally what I'm doing now.
>>
Yes. Depends on the mother board. I was running 4 off an old dell. 1 from onboard VGA. 1 from a PCI (yes PCI) card. And 2 from a PCI-E card.

All depends on your motherboard and whether it supports it.

But as for the OS (assuming Windows) it definielty supports it.
>>
>>55207643
Only if it is an AMD APU+GPU I think.
>>
>>55208388
Yes. You can even use a Nvidia and an AMD GPU in the same system.
>>
>>55207706
>no
>you will get horrible headaches just trying

not everyone is a loser shut-in that runs linux
>>
>>55207643
Yes on Intel+Nvidia GPUs, not entirely sure about AMD+Nvidia or Intel+AMD.
I use a third party software that works if you set the BIOS to enable both outputs, but it doesn't work for all programs. Some programs will cause your primary display (defaults to the iGPU for me) to work and the secondary to go black, some will cause both displays to mirror each other, others will cause the entire system to hard crash.
And no, games don't work with that program, nor will it work the way you're thinking.
>>
>>55207643
Yes you can.
But it has some drawbacks.
>>
Yes you can. I used to run one off a 750ti and the other off my r7 250

Works fine.
>>
>>55207643
Yes, I've done it on a b85m-g with a gtx 660, just enabled it in the BIOS and it was working. It's buggy though, it often posts on the wrong screen.

>>55211287
horribly wrong
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.