[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it possible to host a video somewhere that doesn't allow
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: IMG-20150408-WA0000.jpg (93 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20150408-WA0000.jpg
93 KB, 720x1280
Is it possible to host a video somewhere that doesn't allow anyone to download it?
>>
>>55206197
No you stupid fuck, if you can watch it, you can download it, watching it is literally the same as downloading it.
Stop trying to force stupid drm, it hasn't worked for any multi-billion dollar company so just guess it.
>>
>>55206257
rude
>>
File: 1278178679327.jpg (29 KB, 411x445) Image search: [Google]
1278178679327.jpg
29 KB, 411x445
>>55206270
>>
>>55206197
Make a plugin that plays the video and only works if no screenrecorder software is installed.
>>
As long as the HDMI signal can be fed out to some external device and recorded there no amount of DRM will help you.
>>
>>55206257
This
>Implying OP has a worth downloading video anyway
>>
>>55206332
You don't need a screen recorder to download content dumbass
>>
>>55206490
dyslaixea
>>
>>55206197
no
>>
>>55206332
I thought OP would already be wise enough to counter such measures. That's why I didn't mention it.
>>
>>55206197
No you can't. If someone wants it, they'll find a way to grab it.
>>
YouTube
Private Option
Need the link to watch it
>>
give it to a local theatre and only allow people you want to see the video.
>>
>>55206197
I think you are thinking about the wrong way.
Host it, but do implement an invisible timestamp.
Look up how Blizzard timestamps(ed) WoW.

Then if hackers posted them, they knew who is who.
It's a bretty gud DRM.
Ps.: I don't mean putting a bigass text "MY VIDEO" on it.
>>
>>55206197

you could scrable the video- and audiostream and require the user to run proprietary software to watch it, but it would mean enormous overhead bandwidth use (because you can't compress scrambled video without fucking it up) and no userbase whatsoever
>>
>>55209358
You could encrypt the stream to the same effect.
>>
>>55208564
what?
>>
>>55209560
https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=4505584

Because if you can watch the video, you can record it with a smart phone for example. Or directly, whatever, you get the idea.
But if it's some private material, you can sue the leaker to hell by catching him.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.