[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>ask a question on some Linux forum >rage, verbal abuse,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: not_sure.jpg (74 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
not_sure.jpg
74 KB, 400x300
>ask a question on some Linux forum
>rage, verbal abuse, people throwing chairs around, ongoing online war for 3 weeks without a single person trying to help
>ask a question on answers.microsoft
>get a helpful, polite response within an hour
Why is the FOSS community so toxic?
>>
You probably didn't read the manual before asking. I can tell from your 9gag tier image.
>>
>>55204279
They have to do it for free
>>
Because Linux users have autism and were replying before they had had their morning tendies.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_desktop_Linux#Missed_opportunities
>Desktop Linux was criticized in late 2010 for having missed its opportunity to become a significant force in desktop computing. PC World Executive Editor Robert Strohmeyer commented that although Linux has exceptional security and stability, as well as great performance and usability, the time for desktop Linux to succeed has been missed.[16] Nick Farrell, writing for TechEye felt that the release of Windows Vista was a missed opportunity to grab significant market share.[17]
>Both critics indicated that Linux did not fail on the desktop due to being "too geeky," "too hard to use," or "too obscure". Both had praise for distributions, Strohmeyer saying "the best-known distribution, Ubuntu, has received high marks for usability from every major player in the technology press". Both laid the blame for this failure on the open source community. Strohmeyer named the "fierce ideology of the open-source community at large"[16] as being responsible, while Farrell stated "The biggest killer of putting penguin software on the desktop was the Linux community. If you think the Apple fanboys are completely barking, they are role models of sanity to the loudmouthed Open Sauce religious loonies who are out there. Like many fundamentalists they are totally inflexible – waving a GNU as if it were handed down by God to Richard Stallman"
>>
If you don't want to do everything yourself don't use Linux. Those people are hardcore autists and not worth speaking to at all. They are zealots about software.

This is the honest truth. The Linux "community" is retarded.
>>
File: 1451559866442.png (429 KB, 648x505) Image search: [Google]
1451559866442.png
429 KB, 648x505
>he can't adapt to changing circumstances
>>
>>55204279
Why ask about something on forum when you can simply google it. I'm debian user for few years and when I couldn't find an answer on google I just started to looking for it on arch wiki.
>>
>>55204693
Some people don't learn that way.

It would be like going in for tutoring on calculus and the person asking you why you didn't just google how to do it or read a textbook.

Why be hostile when you can just help?
>>
>>55204279
FOSS means crap or liquid shit in this country's. It is not a coincidence that they are unhelpful little shits.

Guess the country! I help you with one thing it it closed source now.
>>
File: 1460488711043.jpg (24 KB, 471x449) Image search: [Google]
1460488711043.jpg
24 KB, 471x449
>>55204279
>ask a question on answers.microsoft
Q: Taskbar isn't working, what should I do?
Top A[employee]: Make sure to reset into Safe Mode, provide dxdiag, traceroute, scan with AV, disable yz services, change registry entries.
Q: Still doesn't work, help
Top A[employee]: Reinstall Windows.

Best Solution:
A[random]: Make sure you didn't hide it by accident.
>>
>>55204279
Proof that your question was retarded and currysoft forum expects retard questions
>>
File: 1261935811482.jpg (71 KB, 469x428) Image search: [Google]
1261935811482.jpg
71 KB, 469x428
>ask friend who was better at computers help with linux
>I already installed ubuntu but for some reason it never started X
>he shows me a few commands
>ask him where the desktop is
>he does pic related and says this is linux
>>
>>55204279
>polite helpful response
>helpful
Kek I didn't realize being told to please do the needful is considered helpful.
>>
>>55204738
then learn to learn that way
the world isn't meant to coddle you, windows help is literally the same
read this read that
personal explanations will always be rare regardelss of where you go because there are more people who want them than there are competent people willing to help
>>
>>55205402
The point is that the Linux community is full of bigot neckbeards that will take the slightest opportunity to resort to name calling, if at all possible.
>>
>>55204548
kek
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.