[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
One day out of the blue you get elected into the position God-King
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: omniweb.png (349 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
omniweb.png
349 KB, 512x512
One day out of the blue you get elected into the position God-King of Web Standards. No more committees or deliberation, what you say goes.

Your first task is to replace the HTML, JS, and CSS with technologies better suited for how the web is used today. What technologies do you choose and why?
>>
>>55200483
C++/Qt binaries.
>>
>>55200483
HTML, CSS, and Lua
>>
>>55200483
asm because fuck you
>>
All sites use that nice default bootstrap layout

Not the one with the huge image on top
>>
>>55200483
Common lisp
>>
My penis
>>
Gopher
>>
File: webdev-assembly.png (103 KB, 506x662) Image search: [Google]
webdev-assembly.png
103 KB, 506x662
>>55200994
This
>>
keep html.

throw css and javascript in the trash.

don't use any alternatives for them.

Image a world where every website is completely unbloated. How delightful. Although that would mean that anything requiring real code wouldn't exist, so no google or youtube or amazon. I can live without those though.
>>
>>55201140
>Image a world where every website is completely unbloated
It wasn't that long ago, but we didn't know it at the time.
>>
>>55200483
Fortran.

Or Mumps.
>>
>>55201140
Youtube could exist just fine without JS or CSS, it just wouldn't have 500 layers of obfuscation between the browser and the video. It'd have to just give you the video, plain and simple, no weirdness with dynamically generated video URLs and such.
>>
File: oedip.jpg (57 KB, 435x600) Image search: [Google]
oedip.jpg
57 KB, 435x600
>>55201272
>Mumps
see a counselor
>>
>>55200993
>Lua
Nice
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.