[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to learn how to program
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 1466457895244.jpg (72 KB, 236x236) Image search: [Google]
1466457895244.jpg
72 KB, 236x236
why is it that every tutorial out there assumes you know prior knowledge

I want a tutorial that assumes you know absolutely NOTHING
a tutorial for the easiest programming language out there
can you /g/uys help me with that?
>>
kill yourself
>>
>>55200131
no
>>
"Learn Python" book should be fine for you, Pajeet.
>>
>>55200105
Derek Banas
>>
>>55200105
OP. I'm in your same shoes. Some people on /g/ Programing threads will say that CodeAcademy is crap.
I'm using CodeAcademy to learn Python and I have been learning alot more than when I was using Learn Python the Hard Way.
>>
It might seem like that op, but put simply what your hipster ass sees as programing is built on pillars of knowledge of math and computer science. Programing languages are the cream of the academic crop, the culmination of years of work. It might not seem like that now but programing languages where made by people who knew their shit for people who knew their shit. But as computing became more of an accessory than a science languages where adapted for normal non eggheaded people. And another thing, even modern languages are derived from these eggheaded languages. And thus share iths inherited problem.

Best advice i can give you is ether tank out the fact that you don't understand what you are doing from the start and pick up shit as you learn the basics (what are ints what are strings, memory management etc.)
Or learn real CS and than just learn how to implement what you already have with a language of your choice. The way programmers did it in the past
>>
>>55201840
>It might seem like that op, but put simply what your hipster ass sees as programing is built on pillars of knowledge of math and computer science. Programing languages are the cream of the academic crop, the culmination of years of work. It might not seem like that now but programing languages where made by people who knew their shit for people who knew their shit.

A little harsh on the OP, don't you think? Have to start somewhere. Asking for some tutorials that have easier to understand concepts so he can apply that learned knowledge seems like a reasonable quest. I doubt anyone looked at sourcecode and knew what the contents instantly. You aren't born with the knowledge.
>>
I have the opposite problem, there are millions of great free tutorials out there for every language but they are all too basic. I know what a variable and a loop is, I need some tutorials that help me cross the gap between CodeAcademy basics and being able to look at a project on Github and be able to understand what's going on.
>>
>>55201840
Horse shit, you don't need a single ounce of theory to write crappy little python scripts. Pull your ego out of your ass hole, undergrad.
>>
>>55201725
No, you just think you're learning more because you memorized some syntax and learned to copy what it says to get some good boy points. It's an artificial feeling, because once you stop, you'll realize you haven't learned anything at all. No one wants to spend 2 hours on one page of a textbook trying to figure out something they can't understand.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.