[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Android Tablets
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: Asus-ZenPad-S-8.0-Z580CA.jpg (114 KB, 1129x1011) Image search: [Google]
Asus-ZenPad-S-8.0-Z580CA.jpg
114 KB, 1129x1011
Hello, I am looking at andriod tablet(pic related) The only thing that makes me not want to get it is the retarded ZenUI that comes preinstalled, and doing some googling, it seems no one has figured out how to get stock android on one of these.

Are there any other good tablets that can get stock andriod, that are fairly up to date(I don't want to get a outdated nexus 7), and I don't want to pay $600 for a Pixel C.
>>
Honestly hold off. A Chromebook maybe a better value now that Android apps will start working on it.
>>
>>55190721
Not well. I had a chromebook for a while, and there are a lot of weird glitches(you can't emulate the sd card slot for storage on the chromebook), among other things.

I was using ARC Weider though, so I don't know if they have a better way to do it now.
>>
https://www.amazon.com/Transformer-11-6-inch-Touchscreen-Braswell-Pre-installed/dp/B014854RBK/ref=pd_sim_sbs_147_2?ie=UTF8&dpID=41kKVnRXZ%2BL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160%2C160_&psc=1&refRID=67SS9EJ5S7VP32Y1T1F5

just checking out asus line up and see this, it's asus tp200 and run windows.
>>
>>55190316
>android
I find android to be a terrible choice for anything bigger than 6". It's simply designed for smaller devices
>>
>>55190316
Why not the Nexus 9? It will be bloatware free.
>>
>>55190838
It seems pretty old, just doesn't seem worth it...
>>
>>55190775
I want something that can run android, because I want to mess around with android dev.

Using emulators is to much of a pain to be worth it.
>>
Gonna piggyback this thread. Anyone have any suggestions for tablet with a stylus? I have some in mind but I just wanted to see is there are people here with some experience.
>>
wait for 2016 nvidia shield tablet it should be nearly stock and great specs as long as it's not a housefire in a box
>>
I have an Nvidia shield K1 and it's awesome. In terms of price to quality / capability balance I firmly believe it is the best android tablet available.

It's as cheap as OP's suggestion, better at everything, great sound, great stylus support, stock android, no bloat and excellent upgrade path.
>>
I'm using a Chuwi Hi8 pro right now. I'm liking it a lot.
>>
>>55192426

Galaxy Note tablets: stylus is very good, a little weird because it uses resistive technology (proximity to screen rather than actual touch) but it can be used for freehand note-taking and sketching with ease. Makes a good pointer for some games and DS emulation, too.

Shield K1 - no one really talks about the shield stylus (including Nvidia for some reason). Uses "real" touch technology, i.e. the screen really senses the impact and drag of the rubber nib across the screen, this makes it better and worse in some ways than the samsung's WACOM-type resistive approach. I wrote this post freehand using shield's handwriting-to-text input mode. I think I prefer it to the Samsung notes.

There's a Dell Venue Pro tablet that uses a battery powered stylus that works by ultrasound - the tablet "knows" where the pen is based on proximity to different microphones - this is alleged to enable you to write / draw on a nearby sheet of paper and it be transcribed to the tablet, I've not used it but may be worth looking into.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.