[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why the fuck is there so much subjectivity with technology? Why
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: willpower-judges.jpg (306 KB, 800x680) Image search: [Google]
willpower-judges.jpg
306 KB, 800x680
Why the fuck is there so much subjectivity with technology? Why is there nothing absolutely nothing that is objectively the best
product. Everything is so fucking wishy washy I ask what phone is the best on the market I get 15 answers how is this acceptable?
Why do we as consumers allow this to happen no other industry is like this. I don't understand why we don't talk in terms of specs
and compare only the specs. it's not even like cereal brands or some shit where taste comes into play
some people just actively shill products that are inferior. It's getting ridiculous. I challenge you to find an objective best
product for the following

Phone
Laptop
Monitor

You won't be able to because the consumers buy inferior products and hold back the industry
>>
Define "best"
>>
The reason people don't talk purely in terms of specs is because most people aren't autismos. What matters is the real world performance and how it matches up to people's *subjective* expectations. Good on paper means very little to anyone really. The best laptop for most people would be the fully loaded rMBP 15" and this is reflected in the normie consensus.
>>
The iPhone 6S Plus™ on the latest iOS™ is objectively™ the best phone on the market.
>>
>>55190014
This. Give me a clear definition of best and I will tell you the best product.
>>
>>55190179
>>55190014
the point is he shouldn't have to. there should be a ceiling when it comes to technology but there isn't every product has 1 or 2 things missing that a competitor has. it's all a big scam they 100% talk about what features they will include so they don't put out an identical product. people who want SD cards go Samsung people who want removable backs go LG people who want brand name go Iphone they are selling you the illusion of choice a company could easily do everything every phone on the market does but they choose not to
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.