[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/g/ Most of you claim that C and C++ is superior in compare to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: sarahGordon.jpg (1 MB, 1616x1024) Image search: [Google]
sarahGordon.jpg
1 MB, 1616x1024
/g/
Most of you claim that C and C++ is superior in compare to C# or Python.

Then if it is better and salary is higher why there is only few people doing C programming?

Do you really belive that people with 10years of C#/Java experience would not be able to code and maintain C/C++ project

?
>>
>Then if it is better and salary is higher why there is only few people doing C programming?
I think for the most part it's only useful when working with microcontrollers in embedded systems. We have to work with them a lot at school and we exclusively program them with C.
>Do you really belive that people with 10years of C#/Java experience would not be able to code and maintain C/C++ project
I don't know but I don't think I would be able to maintain a Java project no matter how much C experience I might have in the future because OOP is a complete mystery to me.
>>
>>55189873
C stands for cemetry.
The only reason they use C/C++ is that they are too lazy to write a better more modern and they are just maintaining the old world's misery.
>>
>>55189954
High-school faggot kill yourself.
>>
>>55189986
>High-school
I'm almost done with my second year in college.
>>
>>55189997
Oh ok, good. I take it back.
>>
>>55189873
>Then if it is better and salary is higher why there is only few people doing C programming?
Because it is more difficult.
>>
>>55189873
>why there is only few people doing C programming
There isn't.
>>
>>55189873
C as a language isn't too hard. But C developers are expected to solve more challenging problems than web development or apps.

When I use C at work, it's usually to write a driver, optimize something in the kernel, or fix some hardware-related issue. Often, these problems require me to have the hardware schematics open on one screen and my text editor open in the other.

Between doing those sorts of thing and developing apps, which do you think companies can pay Pajeet pennies to do?

I'll give you a hint: if you're developing for custom hardware and trying to shut down spurious interrupts coming from a multiplexed IRQ line, copy pasting code from stack overflow won't be any help to you.
>>
>>55189873
because writing good OO code is fucking hard. It's much easier to write maintainable procedural code and memory management is just glorified boilerplate.
>>
>>55189873
It's harder.
>>
>>55190166
Why the fuck would you ever multiplex an IRA line
Faggots will never learn.
>>
>>55189974
Or they need performance and stability... try running javas image io library to optimize/watermark/whatever on 10k+ images on multiple threads. Watch as your ram is used up pointlessly. A C++ library will do the same thing faster and without using anywhere nearly as much ram. Also, don't call C programmers lazy, they have to do 10x the work of a Python programmer.
>>
>>55189873
No wtf is wrong with you, a good programmer can code regardless of language.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.