[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I join the local Linux Club?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: 1445477021812.jpg (52 KB, 550x581) Image search: [Google]
1445477021812.jpg
52 KB, 550x581
pros
>There are some gentoo users and a lot of them know their shit so I might graduate from my Arch babbie grade.
>I guess I would learn some things
>Maybe my first attempt at "networking" which might lead to opportunities.
> some of them are using thinkpads and I guess that there's some x201 user so I might have a free tech support coupon.
>they look like they are happily welcoming new members.

cons
>It's actually quite far from where I live. like 1h30 to get there, maybe more.
>I never fit in a linux group before. I'm not that "nerdy". My hobbies don't interest then and my linux skills are pretty much "install arch and rice openbox" tier.
>The cringe : There is dude that non ironically wears a fedora indoors. Another skinny long haired one is likely to be a brony. There's also a self proclaimed """king of nerds""" that protects his """geek cred""" by tries to bully those with a faint of charisma.
>There is no female member despite the misleading description they provide.
>I don't know if I'm ready to actively be a member of an activity that is not held in my uni campus.
> train fee would be expensive in the long run and I might be better off by saving the money to finally have nice hardware and get my "linux lessons" by lurking /g/ and IRC.
>>
Bump for sharing shitposts
>>
The cons out weigh the pros imo
>>
>>55189677
That was also my initial choice : not to join.
>>
The biggest con to me sounds like the distance.
>>
>>55188881
Go once, see how it is, if you don't like it, never go again. It's literally that simple. If nothing else you have a nice story to tell your normie friends.
>>
How is that far of a drive local to you
>>
File: 1462893968723.png (129 KB, 721x972) Image search: [Google]
1462893968723.png
129 KB, 721x972
>>55188881
> local Linux Club
>1h30 to get there
>>
>>55190365
Yeah, it can be my next awkward story i'll tell when I would want to shine among my peers.

>>55190530
Because it takes 20min to go to the train station, 1h of train, counting the change of lines, and about 10 min to get to the place.

I'd live closer to the city but I can't afford such a rent.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.