[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just installed Manjaro. What is /g/'s opinion on it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4
File: manjaro_badge.png (18 KB, 540x800) Image search: [Google]
manjaro_badge.png
18 KB, 540x800
Just installed Manjaro. What is /g/'s opinion on it?
>>
File: proprietary.png (259 KB, 480x451) Image search: [Google]
proprietary.png
259 KB, 480x451
>>55185595
not gentoo/10
>>
>>55185595
>"I was too retarded to install Arch so I installed Manjaro instead"
>>
>>55185595
People are gonna shit on it for not being Arch.
Just werks for me.
I installed the i3 fork and it was the only distro I have tried so far that had working multimedia buttons, Bumblebee setup, a decent basic rice to work with and customize to your needs.
The hardware recognition tool that comes with it is really useful and does all the work for you.
>>
>>55185595
Please kill yourself
>>
>>55185595
Did you remember to adjust your clock?
>>
>>55185708
Call me a retard. Installed Ubuntu and Debian on my old laptop, whose age is above 8, and both worked well. Then I tried to install Arch on it, during I toggling sound card and video card support, it fucking ded and has never be able to start up again.
>>
>>55185595
You know you want Arch don't you
>>
>>55185595
You just installed it, fucking find out for yourself.
>>
>>55186936
arch is literally gentoo for autists
if you managed to fuck up something so well documented and simple then you must be a retard
>>
>>55187578
Please don't compare Arch to Gentoo. Arch is Systemd software anarchy and Gentoo is enlightenment.
>>
non-autistic linux distro:
>ubuntu
>mint
>manjaro

all the other require hours of time on forums, using google on error messages, copy-pasting commands etc desperately hoping it'll work
>>
>>55185595
I've been using Mint for a while now and I'm thinking I'm not 100% comfy with it, and was pondering about switching to Manjaro. What are your first impressions?
>>
>>55185595
Manjaro is Arch for normal human beings
>>
>>55189383
>implying we're normal human beings here on 4chan

I haven't used Manjaro because I was able to install Arch and do just about anything on it thanks to the god tier wiki.
Manjaro takes the whole point away from Arch anyway: low-level customizability. If you want an easy to set up Linux, Debian/Ubuntu is solid.
>>
>>55188740
You do realise you can go systemdless like a NEET cuck if you want to in Arch.

Gentoo has systemd as well
>>
>>55185843
>hardware recognition tool
What does that do exactly?
>>
honestly the only thing easy about ubuntu is installing it

EVERYTHING else is a pile of steaming purple, orange and brown shit
>>
>>55189486
Yeah but Arch isn't supported to run other init systems little alone "Systemdless." Bullshit argument.
>>
>>55189707
>Muh support
Are you pretending to be retarded? Your piece of shit open-RC or whatever is not supported.

It's 2016 and people use Wayland. Kill yourself
>>
Running it on an extremely shitty laptop.
It works, it feels good.
>>
>>55185708
This
Arch is just copying commands for fucks sake
>>
I had Arch before and had to reinstall but I didn't feel like going through the whole process again so I just went with Manjaro and it's every bit as good, it just does the whole installation for you.
>>
>>55189800
Do you have no free time? Arch can be installed in an afternoon
>>
>>55189810
I had it working just like my previous Arch installation in about an hour. I can imagine using Arch instead if you want to customise a lot of things but I just wanted a fast clean OS with XFCE to do my programming on for school.
>>
File: 1463730000231.jpg (69 KB, 640x628) Image search: [Google]
1463730000231.jpg
69 KB, 640x628
>>55185595
Who cares what the fuck /g thinks? What's your opinion of it? Or do you have to have other people tell you what to think ?
>>
>>55189204
kekd
>>
I used the Cinnamon and xfce versions.

So far so good. My distro to go.
>>
>>55189786
so why copy the commands and waste your time when you can just install Manjaro?

>hurr durr le SSL certificate expiring meme
>>
It's manjaro time!( man jar o)
If we work together it's much better (man jar o)
It's manjaro time! ( man jar o)
>>
>>55189810
>Arch can be installed in an afternoon
What about programs/DE/Configuration?
The time required to have a "Working" OS is much more if you go with vanilla arch assuming not running into any error.
>>
>>55189747
Are you retarded? Uninstall Systemd from Arch Linux and see what happens. It's cancer and so is Wayland.
>>
A fucking eight year old can install Arch Linux. Only the Arch Linux community thinks otherwise. Fucking retards who think they're advanced users lulz
>>
File: 1466093322964.png (266 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
1466093322964.png
266 KB, 640x400
>>55185688
>gentoo
>free
>absolutely thinking that richard stallman supports this piece of shit
>>
it once had a wiki
>>
>>55190904
It's the best Linux distro there is
>>
>>55192634
rms hates gentoo, you ignorant nigger
>>
I like manjaro cause i cant be bothered to install al the packages i need myself with arch and with manjaro i only need to add a few and not much has to be removed. I like the themes that come with it as well. I use xfce on my laptop and i3 on desktop plus i have steam big picture mode as a logon option (though im having problems with steam controller setup)
Its arch for the lazy. Nothing wrong bout that
>>
>>55193056
>implying rms is not a fat foot eating nigger
>>
>>55193056
I didn't even say whether he hated it or not retard. Since you brought it up though Gentoo's masking policy is 'Stallman approved.' /g/ is fucking retarded now in days
>>
>>55185595
>the freefags hate it for including proprietary software
>*buntufags hate it for trying to be archbuntu
>even archfags hate it for being entry level

TL;DR everyone hates you.
>>
>>55190560
I said afternoon. Unless you are ricing the shit out of it, it shouldn't take long.
>>
i'm still not used to pacman. it's confounding as fuck to me. i'm too used to apt-get. i love xfce as much as the next anon but fuck that pacman noise
>>
>>55185843
The fact that it is Arch-Based basically makes it the same thing, no?
>>
>>55185595
I prefer Mandrake over Manjaro
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.