[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just dropping by to notify everyone that OnePlus are astrotu
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: images.jpg (11 KB, 470x313) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
11 KB, 470x313
Just dropping by to notify everyone that OnePlus are astroturfing the fuck out of the OP3 on lebbit and /g/.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/10411/the-oneplus-3-review

As you can see from Anandtech's review, the phone is garbage. The display is an especially comedic aspect of the phone as it is complete trash and the "worst smartphone display Anandtech has ever tested."

Stay vigilant brothers and don't fall for the shills and their garbage memephone.
>>
Maybe you should just stick to reddit and not come here at all.
>>
Haven't really noticed it but yeah the news about the phone is sad. "We're only going to focus on one high end model...and it's going to be shit. Fantastic."
>>
>>55185493
On behalf of Samsung thank you Mr Patel and §1 Samsung buck has been deposited to your Samsung representative rewards account. Have a nice day!
>>
>>55186443
>>>55185493 (OP)
On behalf of OnePlus thank you Mr Chang and §1 OnePlus buck has been deposited to your OnePlus representative rewards account. Have a nice day!
>>
Fuck man. I ordered op3 three days ago and feel like shit after visiting /g/ every time. I know ill like the phone anyway, in /g/ the phone just has to be flawless in every way to even get a slight praise.

Horse in the picture.
>>
http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2014/09/anandtech-founder-anand-shimpi-retires-from-journalism-to-work-at-apple/

Please leave Apple shill, this isn't Reddit
>>
>>55187000
/g likes to exaggerate the flaws of things, but even reviewers say the screen is shit and battery will be bad too worse than the nexus line. Get a powerbank and you got decent bang for your bucks.

Having no microSD slot still means DOA for me.
>>
>>55185493
The only thing the phone has going for it is marketing, that's how it's always been with OnePlus - it is literally a meme phone.
>>
>>55185493
>lebbit

?
>>
>Buying phones named after preschool math equations
XD
>>
>>55185493
OPO has always been shit, it's just a lot kids were too dumb to notice/care/afford anything better.
>>
Didnt they say that some phones were defective?
>>
Would consider buying it for max. 300€.

But not for 400€.

6GB ram are useless, because crappy management.

Camera lens is protruding out of the case.

Smaller battery than OP2.

Worse screen than OP2.
>>
>>55190254
1+1 is not an equation
>>
moto z
>>
>>55185493
The Apple iPhone 6S Plus doesn't have this problem.
>>
>the OP3 is worse than the OP2 which was worse than the OPO

How do they keep doing it?
>>
>>55190471
1+1=x
x=2
1+1 equates 2 therefore 1+1 is an equation
>>
>>55190293
/Thread
>>
>>55190635
Yeah but the phones aren't named 1+1=x
>>
The phone was already garbage to me when I found out it lacked a microsd slot.
>>
>>55185493
>Just dropping by to notify everyone that OnePlus are astroturfing the fuck out of the OP3 on lebbit
why would we care about reddi? It's like caring that flies are going on a turd left by some dog on someone else's lawn
>>
File: 1462228971186.jpg (127 KB, 423x525) Image search: [Google]
1462228971186.jpg
127 KB, 423x525
Is the oneplus 2 for 250£ a good deal now?

64/4ram version
>>
>>55190559
can't agree more
>>
>>55185493
Post the whole quote and don't take it horribly out of context, OP.

>Unfortunately, the display really kills the phone for me. Based on every other aspect I think it would be a no-brainer to replace the Nexus 5X with the OnePlus 3 as my daily driver, even if it is bigger than I'd like. I simply can't though, because I just feel unpleasant whenever I look at the OnePlus 3's display. I don't think it's a stretch to say it's the worst display I've examined during my time at AnandTech, as despite the Nexus 6's faults it didn't have the ghastly blue appearance of the OnePlus 3.

>Of course, many people may not care about the display accuracy to the extent that I do. If you're part of that group then I think the OnePlus 3 should be high up on your list of phones to consider, because beyond the display, and to an extent, the camera, the OnePlus 3 is a great smartphone. For someone like me the inaccuracy is just far too severe to be tolerable. I've used many smartphones where the display calibration is anything but perfect, like the Moto E, the Honor 5X, and the Zenfone 2, and they were usable because the extent of the errors wasn't that severe even if the display wasn't something you'd want to edit professional photos on. The OnePlus 3 just pushes things way too far, and at least in my opinion the decisions made regarding the display's color characteristics demonstrates that OnePlus needs to bring people into the company who really understand the complexities regarding displays and color management.

seems very reasonable, and oneplus is addressing the issue in a quick and timely manner as much as they can. he plans on revisiting the phone once the solution is in place and doesn't think it's a bad phone for the price at all. you're the only one astroturfing, OP.
>>
>>55192636
Cont.
>What gives me hope is the quick response from OnePlus on the issue. While it's concerning that OnePlus didn't understand that an sRGB mode is needed and that NTSC is completely irrelevant, their quick response and plans to implement an sRGB mode show great initiative and how a smaller company is able to react quicker to these situations than a large company can. It remains unclear as to when an update with an sRGB setting will come, and I'm skeptical about how much the display can be fixed after shipping as the unconstrained gamut is hardly the only issue, but there's still hope that things can be improved. I will definitely be revisiting the OnePlus 3 when this update ships, and I hope that my conditional recommendation can become an unconditional one.
>>
> trusting the Chinese
You asked for this
>>
>>55191838
The phone is total garbage. It's not worth £100.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.