[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So uhh... Whats wrong with CS again? I feel like it would be
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: Spam.jpg (918 KB, 4032x2268) Image search: [Google]
Spam.jpg
918 KB, 4032x2268
So uhh... Whats wrong with CS again? I feel like it would be a worthwhile degree and would give me plenty of spare time to work on side projects as a hobby while attending school. Whats your take on CS as a degree?
I would love to self teach but the only way i could support my self with my high school diploma is to work a full time job not leaving much freetime to pursue that goal.

This is all assuming you actually have a passion for coding and would work hard to further yourself through education.
Pic is unrelated, just some spam i was cooking up.
>>
Literally nothing is wrong with cs. Anybody that tells you otherwise doesn't know what they're talking about
>>
If you judge a degree purely on employability and potential earning like some sort of autistic there are better options.

It's perfectly fine as an academic field though and if you do it at a decent uni it will be interesting and rewarding.
>>
>>55180970
Do what you love nigga
>>
File: tech_probs.jpg (34 KB, 720x544) Image search: [Google]
tech_probs.jpg
34 KB, 720x544
>>55180970
>work on side projects

Get a side job at a helpdesk at your Uni instead.

Outside of Sperg Valley, people would much rather have a business reference than a github page.
>>
Just make sure you're cool with math or you'll hate it. You'll have to do proofs.
>>
>>55180970
Nothing only dumb codemonkeys/webdevs will tell you otherwise while they remain at the bottom rung of the ladder or unemployed.
>>
Because it's just like any other desk job where you have to meet people and socialize 90% of the time with the added burden of solving boring problems for people you don't care about
>>
Wow not the results i was expecting from you guys i appriciate the input, was looking at A&M university which is one of the best in Texas, they have a few tech degrees mainly CS, and two versions of CE. One focuses more on CS and one focuses more on EE. Trying to decide wether the Cs focused CE degree would be better as i would get more insight as to the hardware that my software would be running on as well as a 20k or so salary difference.
>>
>>55181896
Any CE majors here? Just wondering what the subsject is like. I do fine with math, i was always in the preAP classes and never had a problem as long as i had a decent teacher. Im just not really sure how focused CE is at software vs hardware and what kind of hardware they teach about?
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.