[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/g/ memes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 9
File: angularjs[1].png (14 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
angularjs[1].png
14 KB, 160x160
Post the biggest memes in tech today

Alternatively, post the biggest tech-related memes being pushed on /g/

I'll start
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (240 KB, 1920x1281) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
240 KB, 1920x1281
>>55178970
>>
>>55178970
Obviously you're unemployed.
>>
File: scrum.png (2 MB, 4602x3232) Image search: [Google]
scrum.png
2 MB, 4602x3232
>>
>>55179019
>the one department at my work that does this
some of them tell me it's a meme
>>
Linux
>>
>>55178970
>>55179019
Lets quote the fucktards who won't have jobs in 4 years
>>
>>55178970
you're a butthurt PHPhag arent you?
>>
File: twimtbp-logo.png (60 KB, 966x290) Image search: [Google]
twimtbp-logo.png
60 KB, 966x290
>>
>>55178970
>being this much of an unemployed fag
>not killing self
>>
File: node.png (32 KB, 375x360) Image search: [Google]
node.png
32 KB, 375x360
>>55178970
ftfy
>>
>>55178970
Angular isn't as big as it used to be. Fucking front end frameworks change so much. This is the reason why I'm escaping into backend.
>>
>>55182043
We're now using reac... oh look at that shiny thing over there
>>
>>55179019
holy fuck yes. we do this shit at work

triggered
>>
>>55182054
Yeah it's pretty ridiculous. I actually like javascript quite a bit, it's ugly but interesting. But I don't like having to do deal with all the latest trend bullshit.
Backend is comfy though.
>>
>>55179019
>>55179065
>>55182090
SCRUM/AGILE and all that shit is actually pretty useful. Most of the practices are fucking common sense shit. The best part about it is that it protects you from the business side. They can't, if you actually follow it, just step in the middle of your sprint to add a new bullshit feature or deride you for doing a feature wrong since all of that has to be decided before.
Sorry you nerds can't fucking actually interact with people and take advantage of it.
>>
>>55182119
t. html + css programmer
>>
>>55178970
angular is objectively a bad designed framework
>>
>>55182223
I've done a bit of everything fag. And sorry to burst your bubble but most jobs are web related jobs and I get pay very well to do back end shit now senpai.
>>
>people defending webdev frameworks
The unemployed people are going to be you webkids when that hip startup goes bankrupt
>>
File: its_all_good_bro.gif (2 MB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
its_all_good_bro.gif
2 MB, 500x282
Brainfuck
Jsfuck
Ook ook
{Esolang}

Esoteric things in general.

I could probably remake an old esoteric web browser I made some years ago while bored in class.
>>
>>55182299
>people defending webdev frameworks
Literally no one is in this thread you fucking cuck. Go fuck off and tweak your arch config some more while the rest of us actually do some work.
>>
>>55178970
RGB lighting.
>>
>>55178970
>>
Is AngularJS that bad? I applied for a free certificate on Java and AngularJS and I'll go to the interview tomorrow.
>>
>>55182299
>literally programs fortran from a basement
>>
>>55183818
>I applied for a free certificate on Java and AngularJS and I'll go to the interview tomorrow.
how?
>>
>>55183875
my universitiy has an agreement with some IT company and they are going to offer certain students the opportunity to get into a couple of courses for free and at the end, if you ended with good grades on these courses, you are going to be hired on the company
>>
>>55178985
maybe he likes ember or react

i'm not a frontend dev but i think angular (and a lot of the js ecosystem) is disgusting
>>
>>55179019
Hey fuck boy, as a user experience professional who uses agile on the daily at work I can tell You might be useless.

Fuck this is why devs deliver half baked products that no one actually wants to use.
>>
>>55181861
this
>>
>>55183364
what about RGBW
>>
>>55182081
>>55179019
you either probably do shit work, are overloaded or have a shit scrum master
SCRUM + PERT/CPM is godtier
>>
>>55183863
fortran actually has a ton of use in atmospheric modeling and older legacy systems desu, if you positioned yourself as a contractor who could migrate or maintain those systems i'm sure you could net 300k a year if you get agressive with marketing and maybe hired a subcontractor
>>
>>55179019
what shitty alternative do you use at your job, then?
oh, that's right you don't have one.
>>
>>55181861
thinking node is a meme is also a meme
>>
>>55184092
hivemind anon, it's like milhouse is a meme meme
>>
>>55178981
Just checking in. Has the meme caught on yet? No? keep it up. Persevere.
>>
File: grunt-gulp.jpg (23 KB, 534x290) Image search: [Google]
grunt-gulp.jpg
23 KB, 534x290
>>
I think we're at the tail end of the machine learning fad but it's still around. I wonder what's going to be next. Probably more of this "everyone is a code" thing. Businesses forcing everyone to write memos and give presentations in pseudocode. Think like a programmer.
>>
>*.js
>*.io
>*(consonant)r
>blockchain technology(r)
>electron-based >apps
>electron-based text editors
>github profiles filled with forked but untouched repos >code artisan
>disrupt *
>AWS
>*aaS
>>
>>55178985
>>55179555
>>55179623
>>55180819
>Angular fags come to defend their shit framework
>Google doesn't use angular for any of their flagship products.
>Facebook uses React for ALL of them

Angular is dogshit slow (yes, even 2 is dogshit slow, stop using numbers based off Chrome w/ O.o) compared to React.
Angular is quickly becoming the Spring of the frontend, eg: for Pajeets who work on shitty CRUD apps who LOVE RUNTIME ERRORS.

I've used both Angular and Angular 2.0, and I refuse to ever use it again. It's poorly designed from the get go and you are better off using jQuery with serializeForm and onChange events.

PROTIP: angular.copy mutates global state.
If you don't think that's fucked up, please continue using Angular so I can get paid to fix your fuckups.
>>
Haskell.
>>
>>55182119

>The best part about it is that it protects you from the business side.

This, desu.

If there's no line of defense between you and the customer you might have a really hard time.

In my first software project I had a requirement creep that almost killed the whole project..
>>
>>55186700
Any good project management discipline will accomplish that, though. PRINCE2 and PMBOK materials mention the dangers of scope creep countless times and offer mechanisms to avoid it.

If anything I think that the other side of the coin, protecting work groups from derision for falling short of product expectations, is a weakness of Agile. Too many groups get away with casting shortfall as the consequence of overreach. That's on the PM's head. Work packages/sprints/whatever you want to call them should be sized in scope, budget and time appropriately from the start. Accurate estimation is a golden skill. Hiding from the business side cannot be a cop-out from accountability.
>>
>>55183863
https://fortran.io/
A fortran web framework.
>>
>>55186768

Ah well, there would be a lot to say here..

You see, there is no silver bullet. That'S why there's stuff like "PRINCE2 Agile Practitioner" cetification.

But the different mangement principles have differnt scopes, with differnt pros/cons. Or you could also say: for differnt enviroments.

If you are constantly considered about "business justification" thatn this will take it's toll - in terms of personal/organistaion/bureaucracy as well as in terms of the main thrust of what you devellop. It may or may not be usefull, depending on the situation.

Personally I think a strength of Agile is that it's pretty lean. You don't report to a steering comitee, you just have one "Interface" to the customer and while you try to work along with the customer as good as it gets, you are also kinda "black boxed" from interventions from the outside.

But if you are doing an inhouse devellopment with a lot of stake holders and decision makers it might be interesting to grant project access to differnt people.

Agile is cool because of it's simplicity, it tries to archieve "as much as possible" with the people involved. It's also practical because - let's face it - change requests are common.

If you already have a complete (!) plan of what you need, a simple V-Model will do the job. But god be with you if the change requests are coming.

>tl;dr each modell has it's pros/cons
>>
Rust, the choice of cucks
>>
File: fortran_ladies_and_gentlemen.png (7 KB, 893x169) Image search: [Google]
fortran_ladies_and_gentlemen.png
7 KB, 893x169
>>55187568
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.