[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: /g/ confessions I'll start I have $500 headphones
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 11
File: confessions.jpg (20 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
confessions.jpg
20 KB, 400x400
ITT: /g/ confessions

I'll start

I have $500 headphones even though I presumably don't listen to more music than the average person

Although granted, it is used for everything
>>
>>55177811
My ssds cost more than my cpu and gpu
>>
I hate wires, to the point where
- I intentionally use a wireless keyboard and mouse
- I use the shitty speakers built into my display so that a single HDMI cord can over both video and audio
- I use WiFi despite the ethernet jack being less than four feet away
>>
>>55177811
>dual xeon 2670
>bought them 4 months ago
>still laying around
>cant afford a mobo
>>
>>55177988
Hi there!
You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of 4chan are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!
Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!
>>
I shamelessly bought a thinkpad.
I shamelessly bought a 'refurbished' PSP due to the cfw it has.
>>
>>55177811
I fell for the NVMe SSD meme.
>>
File: CSB46wYUEAArhrC.jpg (49 KB, 600x714) Image search: [Google]
CSB46wYUEAArhrC.jpg
49 KB, 600x714
>>55177972
>- I use WiFi despite the ethernet jack being less than four feet away
>>
>>55177811
I bought a 600 dollar graphics card for gaming purposes 1 year ago, but wiped my disks after 7months and installed Gentoo on it, haven't played any games since then.
>>
>>55177972
>- I intentionally use a wireless keyboard and mouse
Perfectly acceptable

>- I use the shitty speakers built into my display so that a single HDMI cord can over both video and audio
O-okay... I guess that's....

>- I use WiFi despite the ethernet jack being less than four feet away
OSHITNIGGERWUTRUDOING
>>
>>55178212
>>55178342
Fuck the wires dudes. Steve Jobs did nothing wrong.
>>
I use and shill for Nvidia products, even though I've had several bad experiences, just because my dad works for one of their suppliers, and visits my house fairly often.

I wish I were joking...
>>
>>55177811
i only use cat6 cables with my 100 megabit network switch
>>
>>55177811
I use hdmi@60fps when im on a 144hz monitor
>>
I built a $2000 gaming PC for the latest games and 3D work but I mostly use it to dick around on Second Life.
>>
>>55178660
>wasting 4k on hdmi

shit standard desu get displayport
>>
>>55177811
I don't know how to use non-browser-based email.
>>
>>55177811
I use Windows 10.
>>
Ordered very expensive rugged panasonic toughbook never took it out of the office.
>>
>>55178696
that face when stuff still renders slowly because second life
>>
>>55177811
I have $500 headphones that I bought 10 years ago, which still works perfectly. I don't have a single pair of cheaper headphones cause they all broke.
>>
>>55178784
It's pretty ridiculous really. Doesn't utilize more than like 30% CPU on my 5820K because they can't into multithreading properly.
>>
>>55178370
I'm not glad he's dead, but I'm glad he's gone.
>>
File: 1464924459510.jpg (26 KB, 399x388) Image search: [Google]
1464924459510.jpg
26 KB, 399x388
>>55177972
>I use WiFi despite the ethernet jack being less than four feet away
>>
>>55177811
I have more Macs than the average /tpg/ autist has Thinkpads.
>>
I have 800+ games on Steam worth almost $10k

I've only ever installed about a third of them, let alone played them. I have 1000+ hours in two games, and 100+ in three
>>
1. I have a $3,000 custom build desktop that I literally use to shitpost.

2. I don't seed.

3. I convert my 320kbps audio to 128kbps to save on space even though I have over 8TB free storage.

4. I double click links just for the sake of it.

5. I connect to my router that's sitting on my desk through WiFi mainly because I spent a couple of hundred dollars on an expensive PCIE Wireless card.

6. I use VGA connectors and adapters because I am too cheap to go buy DVI/HDMI/Displayport cables.

7. I recommend people bad hardware and devices just so I can make some money out of them when they need help.

8. When I use other peoples computers I hard shut them down by holding the power button. It's funny when they turn it on and get the "didn't shut down properly message"

9. I pull and push the CV/DVD drive instead of letting it come in/out mechanically.

10. I clean disks by spitting on them and rubbing them on my jeans

11. I clean my screens by spitting on them and rubbing it with a sock.
>>
I social engineer a new GPU every 6 months or so but still haven't bothered to accrue over 1TB storage
>>
Even though I've installed Gentoo before, I usually just use Ubuntu because it's easier.
>>
>>55181921
You can single-click links?
>>
>>55181921
>6. I use VGA connectors and adapters because I am too cheap to go buy DVI/HDMI/Displayport cables.
that makes no sense, sounds made up
>>
>>55177811

i buy a lot of things then sell them at a small lost

now i learned and only use meme x220 for shitposting and programming
>>
>>55182744
Yeah, it's pretty common for new monitors to come with a display cable, so unless he hasn't upgraded his monitor is a very long time, he would have been able to get at least 1 DVI cable.
>>
>>55177811

I have $80 headphones and I almost never use them. I have $80 earbuds and I use them all the time.
>>
>I have a deadth adder mouse that I love
>use chrome cause it's fast and quick
>16GB RAM
>never seeds cause I'm sacred of getting caught
>>
>>55183132
>scared of getting caught
You are seeding as you are downloading the file. That is how the protocol works. If you don't want to get caught, use a VPN.
>>
File: 2394036726.gif (551 KB, 245x220) Image search: [Google]
2394036726.gif
551 KB, 245x220
>>55178435
than why not try AMD products and see how they work for you?
>>
I use the numpad.
>>
File: perl.png (65 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
perl.png
65 KB, 256x256
I started the Perl meme... And then later learned that the CGI module in Perl under very specific circumstances can have remote code execution with fricken PRINT... I'm not sorry.
>>
>>55178696
>Second Life.
Truly the worst person in the thread so far
>>
>>55177811
>I have $500 headphones even though I presumably don't listen to more music than the average person
My headphone collection just broke $50k. My wife doesn't know. Eventually, I am going to Hell.
>>
>>55177811
i use windows 10.
i use wireless instead of eth.
i have a 15.6' laptop with 1366x768
>>
>>55186044
forgot:
i like visual basic and i still use that.
>>
I've never installed any distro other than Ubuntu and I know jack shit about code.
>>
>>55177811
I have assburgers
>>
>>55177811
> 128GB 9.7" Ipad Pro (LTE)
> Primary use is 2nd monitor for $400 HP X2

> $2500 on network and server gear
> Biggest impacting use is Plex.
>>
>>55177811
If I had $500 headphones Id want to use them for everything too, wether they are good for that money or not

>confessions
I built a $2500 system if we include monitor, stereo, and 7.2 channel speakers while living with my parents and making 14k a year. I also have a massive drinking and smoking habit (drinking not so much now thank god) and cant save money for shit even though its technically possible for me to save 5 grand a year.
>>
>>55177811
I copy memes to /r/4chan for internet points.
>>
>>55183152
If you limit your upload rate to the bare minimum that other seeders will let you connect with you're practically just sending up necessary connection data and not much else.

10MB of a 5GB file, they cant technically say you intentionally shared stolen material.
>>
Been exclusively buying chink products online the past two years, specifically Xiaomi products.
Normie friends think I'm wasting my money buying chink products like my Redmi Note 3 Pro at a quarter of the price they've bought their Galaxy S6.
>>
>>55181921
Number 8.
>why.jpg
>>
>>55180198
>>55180290
Enjoy your rat nests. Integration and wireless connectivity is the future.
>>
>>55186234
All they do is look for IP addresses connected to the torrent. They do not check to see how much you have uploaded. If you are spending less time seeding it may make it a bit less likely that they will check while you are uploading, but it is still possible that they will do their check while you are uploading.
>>
Been using MPlayer with SMPlayer GUI for a decade now.

Been using SMPlayer for mpv too. (Plays animu better)
>>
>>55177811
I bought an AMD APU laptop
Its fucking dank
>>
File: howToTriggerGee.png (2 KB, 926x308) Image search: [Google]
howToTriggerGee.png
2 KB, 926x308
>>55181921
>so this is a rage thread now?
>>
>>55186044
Nothing new here
You are basically a normie lurking gee
>>
I bought a lenovo y40
And I have also bought betternet once.
I also am not rooted
>>
>>55177811
-I have a gaymur laptop because I hate having two machines, but I still wanted to play games when travelling
-I game in linux
-I have a RaspPi I only use for a very simple website and telnet BBS
>>
I use spaces to indent
>>
>>55177978

I bought new rams and cpu cooler half a year ago, still just laying around since I did not turn off my computer since then so no opportunity to install it. Im waiting for a power outage now.
>>
>>55186044
Are you me?
>>
File: ancient_r9k.jpg (130 KB, 618x564) Image search: [Google]
ancient_r9k.jpg
130 KB, 618x564
>>55178784
>that face when
>>
I have $900 headphones with a $200 DAC and $250 tube amp.

I've used them for 6 or 7 years now so I feel if I get 20 more years of use it'll finally pay off, maybe.

For portable sound I use $15 xiaomi dual drivers. Seriously I've wasted so much money.
>>
>>55177811
I hit someone in my car 11 years ago when I was drunk. I drove off, and later found out they died. Haven't heard anything from the police, so I guess I'm good. I quit drinking, so it worked out pretty good.
>>
>>55193269
haha holy shit
>>
are guns technology?
i bought a shitty wasr-10 years ago when i turned 18 for like $500. i've spent nearly $800 ricing out that piece of shit.

I also have more invested in guns than i have in ammo.

for computer stuff, i used a stock Intel cooler on my CPU and i've replaced my GPU 3 times b/c i'm too lazy to buy and install a stabilizing mount
>>
>>55193269
I, too, run down CIA niggers in my automobile. Praise Jesus.
>>
I have a 1000€ shitposting machine with a 144Hz screen, so I can scroll through the shitposts more fluently.
>>
>>55193387
>>55193281
I look at as a second chance in life. I sobered up, went back to school, and made something of my life. Now I have a good job, wife, and we are trying for kids. I really don't know what would have happened to me if I continued on the path I was on.
>>
My first technical writing gig was writing a bunch of pap to trick audiophiles into buying shiny cables.
>>
I own an Auzentech sound card.
I use its digital output, effectively bypassing the sound card.
>>
I think windows 10 is superior to 7
I have a Razer keyboard and mouse that I love
I have $200 headphones and don't listen to any music (absolutely none)
I like Google and their services
>>
>>55177972
- got myself a keycool 84 mech keyboard 4 years ago. After that I got a poker II and a tex yoda, can't seem to adapt using the poker II or the tex yoda even though both feel way better than the keycool.
- I used to have a wacom bamboo even though I almost never draw or at least don't give a fuck because most of the shit I do I do it in Illustrator and with a mouse. I finally gave it away to someone who uses it almost everyday.
- I got myself a mac mini on a real good price just to see what's up and now I'm mostly using it to download torrents.
- rooted and modded every single phone til I got my latest and because I'm lazy I didn't touch it and probably I will never root or mod one again as long as they have stock like android
- I suggest/make people buy stuff for themselves I'm curious about but don't want to commit or buy for myself.
>>
I don't use Linux out of love for free software, but just because I hate Micropajeet.
>>
>>55178435
And you think 3 neckbeards buying NVIDIA gpus will make any difference ?
>>
I bought a gaming laptop and use it exclusively while my desktop never gets turned on. It's set up to dual boot windows 7 and arch and I never boot into arch.
>>
when i was 15 i bought a dell latitude with an i3, 8gb of ram and a 500gb hdd, and got so fucking mad when some kid killed me in roblox that i put a machete through my nice new computer

i have never forgiven myself

this is why i buy beat up thinkpads and refurbish them, to atone for my sins against old business hardware
>>
I pretend to be wise and impossible to influence on /g/ yet i've fallen for the following memes

- Mechanical Keyboard that i didnt need
- Triple monitor setup (and they're 4K)
- $300 headphones because /hpg/ told me it'd change my life
>>
>>55178696
>>55178784
>tfw no /g/ group on Second Life

someone make it
>>
File: Screenshot_2.png (31 KB, 678x499) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2.png
31 KB, 678x499
I still have a laptop from 4 years ago
pic related
>>
>>55198997
Nice space heater
>>
>>55198997
That's not old at all. I use an x200 manufactured in 2008.
>>
>>55198997
>4 years ago
>old

let me introduce you to my T42 i still use daily
its 12 years old

i also have an R30 which is even older
>>
>I have $500 headphones
gee OP, you fucking retarded arent you?
>>
>>55177811
I use a t60 with arch installed
>>
>>55183723
no one knows your "perl meme" you autist
>>
>>55183723
>And then later learned that the CGI module in Perl under very specific circumstances can have remote code execution with fricken PRINT... I'm not sorry
holy shit your obnoxious, fuck off no one cares
>>
Kinda unrelated but since we are on the headphone topic I wanted to ask you guys if you know any good earphones with a mic for my phone. I have a Lenovo Vibe K5.
>>
I don't own a desktop because I can't fit a desk in my room
>>
>>55177972
Steve?
Do you regret hiring Joni?
>>
>>55199219
Xiaomi piston 3. Never tried the mic though since I have no one to talk to.
Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.