[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How many of you guys run, or know of someone who runs pirated
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
How many of you guys run, or know of someone who runs pirated software for professional purposes?

I remember reading about a guy here who did exactly this with the creative suite at his graphics firm.

This is purely discussion, I personally think that anyone making money from the use of proprietary software should be paying for said software.

Pic sort of related. At home I run the autodesk suite via a valid student licence to practice drawing and modelling for engineering purposes.

For you freetards out there, no this shit doesn't run on Linux, wine is garbage, and there are no viable alternative software suites to replicate what autodesk do on a Linux system.
>>
Bumpu onegai
>>
Gtfo BSA.
>>
> Not spending over a thousand dollars for a randomly generated key to let you activate your copy of autocad that you already downloaded

Poorfag
>>
I just work at an autodesk reseller so get the NFR keys running on a legit LMTOOLS install.

Feels good man.
>>
>>55177480
What possible use does a reseller have for autodesk products?
>>
We're working at engineering firm with 100 (between designers , drafting,etc.) And guess what? All of it is pirated.
>>
>>55177799
this sounds like bullshit, you do realize that customers request licenses right?
>>
>>55177799
>you start making a name for yourself
>firm that made software takes notice of your product, sends a request of license proof
>oh fug guise we dont have it
>get sued to heck
>>
Hey I ain't no snitch >:/
>>
I know for sure that startups use pirated software at the beginning and then switch to properly licensed software after growing a bit.
>>
very common with smaller audio engineering/music places/studios/etc
>>
>>55177799
First world or are you from the butthole of nowhere?
>>
>>55178706
"I use open source :^)"
>>
>>55179713
Nah if your drawings don't look like liquid shit on a page, no one will believe that you use libre alternatives to AutoCAD
>>
>>55176926

A bit off topic, but does anyone know the best way to learn AutoCAD or Autodesk Revit for architecture? My school offers courses but I liked to get skilled in it now so I can get an internship next summer.
>>
>>55180042
Just use it. Don't do video courses, they're shit.

AutoCAD is a piece of piss to learn if you're used to the cli

I'm an engineer and I can draw better than 90%of draughtsmen because I use the CLI.

With revit, use it basically. You won't learn it's limitations and strange ways of doing shit unless you are forced to use it
>>
>>55180118

This.

I develop software extensions for both AutoCAD and Revit.

AutoCAD is really piss easy to learn overall.

Revit is a whole other beast, it's parametrically driven, so you basically have to basically draw/design shit that makes sense or else it won't let you at all. Piece of advice, it's very tempting to fight Revit because it is possible to fudge shit here and there. Don't. For the love of god, don't fight against Revit.

If you're going into Architecture you better learn Revit because that's where most people are headed in regards to it.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.