[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WiFi access points
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
So I finally got fed up with having to deal with all the bottlenecking factors that come with using a laptop for anything requiring slightly moderate processing power. Because of this, I am building a nice pc rig for gaming and 3d modeling and the likes. However, the room I have moved in to has no local ports for an ethernet connection, so LAN is off the table.
> mfw I will still have to deal with wifi gaming bullshit
Anyways, I am going to have to get by with plugging in a wifi adapter to the pc so I can use the wifi signal. I posted the Ookla benchmark for my routers signal here, which doesn't seem bad to begin with.
Cont.
>>
What a fucking ramble. We didn't need practically any of the information you provided in the OP.

WiFi access points? Get a router which supports DD-WRT and you can configure it to your heart's content. Or you can try powerline adapters.
>>
However, with the room I am in being upstairs, and with multiple people on the same signal at once, ping spikes are all too frequent and general connection tends to wither all too much for optimal gaming connections. Because of this, I am thinking of investing in a wireless access point to place in my room to broadcast the wifi signal from upstairs to increase its strength. Anybody have experience with access points, and if so, how well would this work to provide a decent signal from the upstairs room?
>>
>>55176120
Feel like the router is fine though, its just that its connection range suffers in rooms upstairs
>>
>>55176304
You would configure the second router to serve as the wireless access point...

I feel like you're KenM'ing me.
>>
>>55176320
Not going to lie I'm pretty fucking autistic when it comes to tech shit I just recently began the whole pc building shit.
To get an idea, I've been using a macbook for the past few years so I am borderline retarded
>>
>>55176320
Regardless, what would be a good router that doesn't require LAN wiring?
I feel so fucking dumb
>>
bumping this for my autism
>>
Power line adapters.
>>
>>55176638
Powerline adapters for ethernet ports? those provide really shitty MbPs rates
>>
File: 3117O1nlK9L.jpg (9 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
3117O1nlK9L.jpg
9 KB, 500x500
OP here. Basically the only thing I am asking is how to I strengthen the signal of a router that provides a strong bandwidth connection but has a pretty bad range. Is something like this access point a good idea?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B015PRO512/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=AXZ9GN0Z8UG6
Pic Related
>>
Does nobody go on /g/ wtf help me I'm retarded
>>
if only we had a thread... for questions... that are stupid
>>
>>55177161
well fuck me sideways dickhead
>>
crying
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.