[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A bit confused. How do I tell if a certain graphics card will
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: ASROCKMB.jpg (357 KB, 1554x1274) Image search: [Google]
ASROCKMB.jpg
357 KB, 1554x1274
A bit confused. How do I tell if a certain graphics card will be compatible with my motherboard? I have an Asrock PCI Express2.0 H61M-HVS. I would like to upgrade my Nvidia GTX660 to a 950 series Nvidia. But how do I know if it will fit into my motherboard? Sorry if it's a dumb question, but I'm just trying to get into how this stuff works.
>>
GTX 950 is compatible with PCI Express 2.0

You should probably just hold on to your money and get RX 470 whenever they come out. They're supposed to be around a GTX 970 level of performance of $150ish
>>
>>55175403
Open the case, measure it and the check the 950's length; or simply go to the motherboard's specifications and look at the sizes.
Unless you have some weird motherboard, I cannot think of a single non-PCI GPU currently in the market, so that's not a problem. You need to make sure you have a powerful enough power supply and enough connectors.
Also, don't get a card right now, let alone a low-end 9XX series one, the new generation of cards is right around the corner. You'll get more performance cheaper and consuming less power.
>>
>>55175484
for***
>>
>>55175496
Oh ok. It's just that my comp is a bit over 2 years and the gtx 660 is what it came with, and now I see the 950 for $130 on Newegg, i figured it might be worth it to upgrade. Some games I cant really buy with my 660
>>
>>55175549
Just wait longer, you'll regret it otherwise once you see the new cards in less than a month reking the 950 for much less money.
>>
>>55175767
>>55175496

This, if anything, wait for the inevitable price drop, or the slew of people selling their used 9XX or RX XXX's on ebay in order to pay for the new graphics cards.
>>
PCI-Express motherboard slots are backwards compatible with all old PCI-express graphics cards.

also read your god damn manual you retarded fuck, shit like this is what it's for.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.