[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've been researching for hours and I can't find a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: Samsung-screen-protector-21.png (1 MB, 2439x2150) Image search: [Google]
Samsung-screen-protector-21.png
1 MB, 2439x2150
I've been researching for hours and I can't find a solid answer. What is the best screen protector that /g/ usually uses?
>>
>>55174836
Screen protectors are for clumsy autists. Maybe you should just cover your phone in bubble wrap and kevlar?
>>
>>55174848
you see, when youre carrying a 5.5 inch screen you'd PROBABLY want to protect it your investment from wear and tear from daily use. if that is just a thing a clumsy autist such as myself would do, at least a lot of people see it as common fucking sense
>>
There is no best, it depends on the phone. If you have something with an actually flat screen, get tempered glass.
>>
>>55174848
no
>>55174912
yes
>>
>current year
>owning a phone without gorilla glass/tempered screen
Screen protectors are just a scam IMO.
>>
>>55174912
I gave up on the screen protector meme three phones ago, and none of them have had any scratched or damaged screens. They're just not that fragile. And the protector makes the touch feel like shit.
>>
>>55174836
to be honesto, i use anything cheap no brand specific. They are dirt cheap and disposable practically; after all there purpose is to break so your screen doesn't. I think a more expensive one will absorb shocks better and won't break so easily/won't break the screen instead as it happened to some people i know. It's all up to you: if you drop your phone very often go with the cheap ones as you'll be changing them constantly. If not go with the expensive one so that only decisive fall your phone will have in it's life doesn't kill the screen
>>
>>55175026
They saved me to buy a new screen instead several times. The only time i dropped it without the protector all the screen shattered.
>>55175029
Personally i don't find anything different with the protector than without in terms of feeling, after all is just like you have a thicker screen
>>
>>55175026
Gorilla glass is the scam. It's other tougher than any generic toughened glass.
the whole point of tempered screen protectors is when you drop the phone face down on concrete or tile, it breaks and the screen stays unharmed. They do this well.
They won't help with corner drops.
>>
>>55174836
Invisibleshield
Because it is what I used to have when I had an iBreak
>>
For me the point of tempered glass screen protectors is to replace them every 4-6 months when oleophobic coating starts to wear off.
Also Note 3 has retarded design with protruding bezel, thick glass makes using that one phone more comfortable.
>>
Tempered glass is nice. Love the way my finger glides over the screen. Feels real comfy.
>>
>>55175026
>tfw poorfag phone
>no gorilla glass
>>
>>55174836
I use picture related, works fine. Saved the screen once, cracked the protector screen I just took it off and put a new one. Feels fine because it's not plastic and it's scratch resistant.
FYI your phone screen is the same or better, you have to be the worst asshole to scratch a new phone screen or actually have dirt and rocks in your pockets. Still it will save the phone screen from some random drop/bump which makes it totally worth it.
>>
>>55175029
same here, I had a samsung siii (gorilla2) for three years and didn't managed to get a scratch, I even treat phones like turds

But now i'm considering using a cover for a week I will spend seaside, if I got this correctly some of the particles in the sand are toughter than temepered glass and with enough force should scrath it

then again, it's just a week i can bear it
>>
Case with beveled edges protects the screen better. It takes effort to scratch a screen, one slip to drop it on concrete
>>
>>55174836
Whatever's the cheapest 9h glass protector for your model on Amazon.

Saved me a few times. If one gets beat up you can replace it and it feels like you're using a brand new phone.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.