[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Programming at 23. Any advice or insights?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: IMG-20160618-WA0006.jpg (92 KB, 1052x592) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20160618-WA0006.jpg
92 KB, 1052x592
Any mature comments apart from the trolling I'm about to receive will help MY WHOLE LIFE.
>>
Leave while you still can or be trapped forever.
>>
You can start to code whenever you want.

It's just like any hobby, you can be bad at it, it doesn't matter. You just have to like what you do.
>>
learnpythonthehardway.org/book
>>
get the fundamentals.
always know that you dont know.
>>
>>55173792
Please seek help with your drug addiction.
>>
I'm 27 learning on my own at and after work. Know the fundamentals of Python, JS (through FCC), and Java. Pushing more into Java at the moment in the hope that eventually I'll have an idea or make something that will earn me some money. I work in retail management but I'm hoping to switch over to IT management in a few years, and would love to have coding chops to back it up.

I will say that if you can afford to take a year or 2 and really study you should be able to come out of it with enough to land a job, and if you're smart and motivated then probably in less time. Do it while you can be cause once you have a family and full time job it's a lot harder to really focus on it at a serious enough level to switch careers.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.