[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone have Mackie CR3 or CR4s? Are they a good upgrade from
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: Mackie CR3.jpg (129 KB, 1500x1125) Image search: [Google]
Mackie CR3.jpg
129 KB, 1500x1125
Anyone have Mackie CR3 or CR4s? Are they a good upgrade from typical 2.1 PC speakers for everyday use, movies, and gaming?

I'm torn between these or the Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 or Logitech Z623s
I'm no audiophile but I would like to try out something a cut above standard 2.1 or 2.0 PC speakers. Something $150 or less is the desired price range.

I've also seen people recommend Dayton/Micca bookshelf speakers paired up with a cheap amp (Lepai)
I can always buy a powered sub later if I want more bass.
>>
klipsche promedia's are 119 at best buy right now, go get them and if you don't like them take them back.

mine are fine for what i need.
>>
If you're looking for a good pair of desktop speakers, the choice should be between the JBL lsr305, the Yamaha HS5 or the Tannoy Reveal 502.
>>
>>55161979

I've been really close to pulling the trigger on the Klipsch ProMedias but I'm curious of the "super clear and crisp" sound of bookshelf/monitor speakers.

>>55162034

Just over my price range and it seems that's just for one speaker a pop. RIP my budget. Maybe someday

It seems there's a gap. Where if you don't have 300+ to spend it really doesn't matter what you get since the quality will be relatively poor anyway.
>>
after some months of searching, reding, getting informed, I decided to buy cr3 model
and....they are fucking great
keep in mind that mackie is a professional brand (I mean, studio stuff, so great sound quality, flat sound) and a good Hi-Fi may suit better for you if you're not an audiophile
these are rock solid, sound quality is amazing, they are worth every cent
I was also looking for presonus ceres 3.5 BT as alternative
pro: design. I like that design, my friends say they are razer like, fuck them.
sound, obviously.
input/output. they have balanced input, rca, front headphones and aux in. all you need
size. they are not so big, will fit on your desk easily

cons: bass frequency are little too much presen
they also can't reproduce bass under 75hz, which is normal for this size speaker
no speaker grill. so you have to be careful

now is up to you. my suggestion is to simply buy them if you have that budget
>>
>>55162232

literally copy pasta'd an amazon review
>>
What about this combo?

https://www.amazon.com/Dayton-Audio-B652-Bookshelf-Speaker/dp/B002RMPHMU/ref=sr_1_cc_1?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1466371290&sr=1-1-catcorr&keywords=Dayton+B652

https://www.amazon.com/SMSL-Component-Amplifier-Black-SA-36A/dp/B017W13OR0

I'm worried about the overheating amp issues with the CR3 and CR4's
>>
I tried the cr4 before, the bass was pretty accurate, but lacking.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.