[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tech damage after car accident. Looking for either new purchase
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 1421313027136.jpg (27 KB, 250x323) Image search: [Google]
1421313027136.jpg
27 KB, 250x323
I'm a student from a Yuropoor country that was recently in a car accident and all my personal belongings were both damaged and destroyed.

I was basically hit & run by a car and the bag with my personal belongings took the hardest hit. (Classic iPod fucked, phone looks like someone bashed it with a baseball bat, Wacom Intuos Creative stylus bent in half, power bank has huge dent in it,...)

One of the damaged items was a Nexus 7 2012 tablet with a bluetooth keyboard that I wrote my notes on. The bluetooth keyboard cover was completely smashed but the Nexus 7 tablet survived with just a badly damaged digitizer and a lot of damage on the plastic, screen somehow survived with just a very small crack.

After hospital bills and getting a replacement smartphone, I was left with as low as 50 Eur for a budget for a new tablet.

Would it be better to either buy a new (used) tablet or send the tablet for repairs?
>>
>>55158735
Didn't read lol
How is this difficult? If it costs less to repair, repair it, otherwise replace it.
>>
>>55158798
I'm a retard when it comes to repairing tech stuff so I would send it somewhere for repairs

Everyone I know keeps also telling me horror stories of repair shops charging too much money
>>
>>55158735
I feel sorry for you mate. Hope you're back on your feet soon.

You can either do the cheap chink shit tablet route, go second hand or get a Kindle Fire and put CM on it.
>>
>>55158798
TL;DR: Hit by a car, everything fucked
>>
Sorry to hear that op .
>>
use pen and paper you can get some really good pens and stationary for 50 eurobucks
>>
your insurance will cover the damaged items.

if not, fuck off we dont need your made up sob story masking some garbage LOL WUT SHOULD I BUY XD
>>
>>55159173
I have dysgraphia so that's why I don't use pen and paper and use a tablet with a keyboard instead

>>55159189
I don't have insurance
>>
>>55159231
then sucks for you
>>
>>55158735
Post timestamp with you and your busted tech, along with your PayPal email, and I'll donate a few euros to help a little.
>>
>>55160785
This, but without the Paypal shit.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.