[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is the core i3 cpu architecture, but where are the l1 and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
This is the core i3 cpu architecture, but where are the l1 and l2 cache?
>>
Inside the cores.
>>
>>55158686
wtf is that terrible picture?
>>
File: 3.jpg (2 MB, 3951x1814) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
2 MB, 3951x1814
>>55158739
Better?
>>
>>55158750
I only see shared l3 cache.
Are the l2 and l1 cache on the motherboard?
>>
>>55158766
I was going to laugh at you and call you an idiot but then you showed that you were clinically retarded and then I felt sad for you.

No anon, they're in the cores. Give me a moment and I'll see if I can't find a picture that won't confuse you.
>>
>>55158766
no
>>
>>55158766
>cache on motherboard
holy shit I'm surprised someone this retarded can even type
>>
File: Llano_vs_SandyBridge_vs_Westmere.jpg (501 KB, 1024x1600) Image search: [Google]
Llano_vs_SandyBridge_vs_Westmere.jpg
501 KB, 1024x1600
L1 and L2 are both private. Intel has used private L2 for a very long time.
>>
What the fuck is an L1 and L2 cache
>>
>>55158984
/g/ - Technology.
>>
>>55158984
Your money and your wife's son, respectively.
>>
>>55158858
im still learning sorry
>>
>>55159062
Just give up.
>>
>>55158766
Do you measure cache access time in Microwave time by any chance?
>>
>>55158858
They did used to have cache chips on the motherboard.
>>
>>55158984
L1 cache is the fastest cache.
L2 is slower.
L3 is slower still.

There is no specific definition what either has to be, or how many levels of cache there are.
>>
>OP asked a technology related question
>/g/ spergs out and goes back to discussing iPhones and watches.
>>
>>55159084
No, only a fool would give up
>>
>>55159089
no, i measure it with HT, MR and MP
>>
>>55158819
in the past cache was in the motherboard, i know things have changed but I wanted to know cuz i am starting to learn the new architectures
>>
>>55158984
>fast, small
>a little slower, but a little larger, to catch what can't be fit in the previous level
>and so on
>>
>>55158858
i hope you know that external cache was a thing? Pentium 2 and earlier had separate cache ICs.

If not please leave this board right now and kill yourself.
>>
File: die-corner.jpg (115 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
die-corner.jpg
115 KB, 600x600
>>55160595
in the past... some decades ago
honestly m8, /g/ is toxic, and you'd learn faster and better simply by researching it yourself
>>
>>55159107
>>55161780
Not the guy you're replying to, but you're both kind of dumb. He's pointing out the guy is retarded for thinking the l1 and l2 caches are on the mobo when he already knows the l3 cache is on the chip. So yes, it's retarded to think the l1 and l2 caches are gonna be on the mobo, unless you're still learning, which I believe that guy said he is. Since you guys seem to know a bit of history, you're just pedantic retards
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.