[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Motherboard will not POST with new RAM
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: spectacles testicles.png (79 KB, 700x548) Image search: [Google]
spectacles testicles.png
79 KB, 700x548
Hi /g/

I've had my current computer for around 4 years now. I took the computer apart today to give it a proper clean and since I was taking it all apart I decided to get an extra 8GB of memory to put in it. I bought the exact make and model of my current RAM but when I put the extra 2 sticks in it won't post at all, the new RAM works fine since I just put that in and it boots up but it seems to be incompatible with the RAM I already have despite being the exact same model. I did buy my current RAM back in 2012 so the only thing I can think of is Corsair changing their chip manufacturer or something like that.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Link is the memory I bought

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Corsair-CML8GX3M2A1600C9-Vengeance-Profile-Performance/dp/B00569K7LM/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1466358190&sr=8-7&keywords=corsair+vengeance+8gb

Pic related are my specs
>>
>>55158502
Have you tried turning it on and off again?
>>
>>55158502
Just be yourself op :)
>>
Push harder.
>>
/g/ is not a tech support forum.

Also, Windows and other gaming-related discussion goes in >>>/v/.
>>
>>55158940
Fuck of windows is an operating system and is allowed here.
>>
>>55159787
If you spend money on hardware so that you can play video games, you need to join the rest of the "master race" on >>>/v/.
>>
Did you test all slots and both sets of slots? Try putting ram in slot 1 and slot 4 then slot 1 and 2 then 3 and 4.

This is why you should always test all ram slots when you get a new motherboard/computer in case you decide to add more ram later.

The most common defect for motherboards is non-working ram slots.
>>
Check to see if there are any BIOS updates available. Sometimes that can result in wider compatibility.
Are they both the same voltage and timings?
Maybe set your memory settings manually in the BIOS to the lower spec RAM.
>>
>>55159830
>He says while posting from his custom built Windows 10 desktop
>>
>GUYS HALP WITH RAM AND COMPOOTER

*doesn't post any details about ram or motherboard*
>>
>>55161104
I took off the ram while the computer was on. I forgot to turn it off before. Now It doesn't recognize new RAM.
Corsair Vengeance btw
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.