[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
RHSCA / Red Hat
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 5
File: redhatlogo.jpg (62 KB, 360x396) Image search: [Google]
redhatlogo.jpg
62 KB, 360x396
Has anyone here taking the RHSCA exam? I assume that the workstations you work on for the test is a vm itself and therefore wont need to do much, if any, KVM tasks. Is that a safe assumption. I dont care much for KVM to begin with since VMWare has the vm game on lock, and a lot of infrastructure can be found on the cloud too, from my experience any way,

I've gone through the RHCSA book, and now just going back on some of the things I'm a little weak on, such as selinux, and especially KVM since I skipped that chapter as I didn't have a dedicated machine at the time for it. I don't feel like spending too much time on that for the reasons above - but I understand that I should know* it. Thoughts?
>>
>>55158250
cosidering KVM is a Red Hat product and you're taking a Red Hat test...
>>
>>55158291
That really doesn't answer the question. If the workstations are VM's, which I would imagine they are since I doubt these locations will constantly setup a new workstation because someone killed the system, and the fact that you cant VM from a VM, my question is worth asking since it may relieve me of some of the workload and focus on other things that are not dependent on whether the system is virtual or not
>>
>>55158331
And the reason I ask is because I've seen often people mention that vm stuff was not on the exam. And I've yet to come across a comment on any forum that talks about vm's, even without breaking the nda
>>
File: 1366773162601.gif (630 KB, 360x240) Image search: [Google]
1366773162601.gif
630 KB, 360x240
>>55158250
last bump
>>
>>55158250
>VMWare has the game on lock

Dell bought VMWare.
It's good to know what the fuck you're talking about when challenging a juggernaut like Openstack.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-06-19_17-30-47.png (18 KB, 993x104) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-06-19_17-30-47.png
18 KB, 993x104
>>55158331
in addition you're completely ignoring Docker and LXD. Nested containers are a thing.

Best just to get your A+ brosef.
>>
File: ragoc8r.jpg (5 KB, 189x267) Image search: [Google]
ragoc8r.jpg
5 KB, 189x267
>>55161774
>>55161862
What the FUCK are you talking about?

My point was that I'm no concerned about learning KVM because experience with softwares like VMWare are far more useful and seeked by potential employers than KVM

Reading is fundamental, I suggest you focus more on it.

Your docker and container argument helps solidify my OP

Fuck off faggot
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-06-19_17-55-26.png (136 KB, 655x322) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-06-19_17-55-26.png
136 KB, 655x322
>>55162122
>VMware is far more useful and seeked by potential employers

it's called ESXi
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.