[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
> There are actually (((((webdevelopers)))) who don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 1
File: Raspberry-Pi-Flask-thumb.jpg (13 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Raspberry-Pi-Flask-thumb.jpg
13 KB, 300x300
> There are actually (((((webdevelopers)))) who don't use Flask for websites

explain yourselves.
>>
Because I use PHP
>>
>>55157486
consider suicide tbqh
>>
>>55157424
>> There are actually (((((webdevelopers)))) who don't use Flask for websites
Exactly, no one uses it because it's bad

PHP and JS are used by professionals

Look at all the top sites built using flask, there are none that are good

While djanjo was used by instagram. And PHP is used by every other major site
>>
>>55157424
>not Django
piss off famalam
>>
>>55157527
>popularity = quality
>implying PHP is the best language for webdev
>>
>>55157527
> PHP and JS are used by (((((((((((((((professionals)))))))))))))))
>>
>>55157516
If PHP is so bad, why do 90% of the web run on it?
>>
>>55157548
>>popularity = quality
When a web dev framework is used by professionals in the field of web dev, that is exactly what it means
>>
>>55157527
Pinterest runs on flask and linkedin uses it
>>
My satellite lab's mission control is written in Flask. Tbh it's fucking amazing, especially since Python is so easy to learn.
>>
>>55157424
I use node.js instead.

flask is shitty.
>>
I make small backend APIs with flask, but I wouldn't use it for in browser content. I think there are definitely better frameworks for web apps. Then again I haven't done web apps in years so Im kind of out of touch with what the cool kids are doing.
>>
>>55157424
Flask is a pretty good framework. I love how flexible and extensible it is, but using it I've run into problems with bottlenecking in the ORM layer, and because Flask is so fucking obscure and Flask-SQLAlchemy documentation is poor I can't figure out how to optimize with it.

Overall I'd still pick it over the other Wendel tools I've used (Rails, Django, PHP)
>>
>>55157582
No. No it's not. PHP is used by professionals in the field of web dev, not because it's a good platform but because circumstances have forced them into it. Try again.
>>
>>55157575
If Bieber is so bad, why does his videos have so many views?

If McDonald's is so bad, why do so many people eat there?

If India is so bad, why do so many people live there?
>>
>>55157716
He is marketed as a sex object to tweens

Most of American is borderline poor. McDonald's is filling food for cheap.

Indians are too poor to leave and too dumb to not have kids.
>>
>>55157424

flask is good it does not force you to do things certain way
>>
>>55157424
I use Flask for small projects and Django for large ones. I'm actually building a new application right now that uses both at the same time.
>>
>>55157815
And PHP is used so much because it's an archaic technology that was relevant 20 years ago and corporate fucksticks refuse to change.
>>
>>55157677
Can't you just use SQLAlchemy directly?
>>
>>55158090
I can, but I'd have to make significant rewrites parts of my application

I just deal with it since ~300 ms per page is just barely "good enough" and everything else about Flask is comfy as fuck.

I'm definitely going to use a different ORM next time, though.
>>
>>55158544
Like what? Is there something better then alchemy for python?
>>
>python
Enjoy choking when performance is needed.
Its fine for babbies first website though.
>>
Because there are more jobs in practically any other stack
>>
>>55158935
Is python somehow behind other interpreted languages?
>>
>>55158983
Not especially if you know what you're doing and use solid libraries but people who don't understand the drawbacks of the GIL will have trouble when traffic gets high.
>>
>braindead api with thread locals being imported for request state
why the fuck is anyone using this garbage
>>
>>55159943
Some people don't know about Bottle.py
>>
>>55159954
which does the exact same shit retard
>>
>>55159983
Yeah but on a scale that you can feasibly manage yourself.
>>
>>55157589
Thank you for proving the point, pinterest and linkedin are both horrible pieces of shit.
>>
>>55157424
I use Elixir and Phoenix Framework m8.
Erlang VM master race.
>>
>>55157424
i like the mean stack.
though i dont like mongodb. i usually use mariadb instead.
never regretted it.
angular 2 is pretty dank too. i like their approach to dependancies and modularity. good thing they done away with 2way data binding too. it was a horrible clusterfuck.
for the backend i usually use node or go. im currently trying out jsf with java though which seems kinda neat at first glance.
python i only use to extend functionality of other programming languages such as apis or small scripts of common tasks i do.
i dislike php a lot and no one i work with would willingly use it for a new project unless its using a framework like codeigniter or laravel or theres some legacy php code that absolutely needs to be maintained.

i do like about flask though how simple it is to make rest apis. then again theyre equally simple to do in go or express via node.
>>
>>55157424
You spelled "flash" incorrectly.
>>
>>55157527
It's a minimal framework for minimal webapps.
>>
>>55158630
write pure sql u fucking pleb, baka desu
>>
>>55157424

I use node.js. It is 20-40x faster than python/flask.
Also javascript is a nicer language with full support for functional programming.
>>
>>55161827
>Also javascript is a nicer language
That's funny.
>>
>>55161880
1) HTML5/JS is a powerful platform that delivers applications to billions of people around the world, it runs on billions of devices.
2) Javascript is a descendant of Scheme and Self, so it is pretty cool language, especially if you forgive it its small defects. Solving the same problem in javascript seems to require 3-4x less code and 2-3x less dev time than solving it in C/C++/Java.
3) Fastest compilers/runtimes ever written for a dynamic languages were written for JS: V8, Chakra, Spidermonkey, Javascriptcore. JS is the fastest dynamic functional language in the world.
>>
By now hating php is just a meme and therefore voids itself. I code in php and i like it.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.