[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I am changing majors from ChemE to CompE/ElectricalE. I need
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 1466340596024.png (247 KB, 710x393) Image search: [Google]
1466340596024.png
247 KB, 710x393
I am changing majors from ChemE to CompE/ElectricalE.

I need help deciding what to buy in August. So far I am thinking of:

Samsung 7 Edge phone
an Android tablet (maybe Nvidia or a Samsung one)
Dell Latitude 7000 series
then I need to look into building a new computer for my gaming needs or get a "Steam Box"

I am also debating whether to switch to a Windows Phone and Tablet, but I doubt I will. Maybe just the tablet or maybe I'll stick with Android. I want the tablet to have a stylus so I can use it for notes. After using the Note 3 then trying out the Note 5 and seeing the improvement, I know the technology is there for electronic writing.

I am going to dual boot linux on the laptop. I've gotten comfortable with Ubuntu, but I'd like to switch to Kali Linux and Debian alongside Windows.

Does /g/ have a recommended tablet? Is Android or Windows better for a tablet or about the same performance wise?

I like the Edge, but if you think there's a better phone, I'd like to know so I can look at it.

I debated between the Thinkpad and Latitude. After all the rootware and spyware Lenovo has been installing, I can't trust a Chinese company. I know they didn't touch the Thinkpad line, but still. But if /g/ convinces me Thinkpad has better performance than the Dell Latitude, then I may reconsider.

Are those mini-tower PC's expensive to build? I am trying to conserve space in my apartment. So I may consider a "Steam Box". Thoughts?

I have money, so I intend to spend it as I'll be using this gear for the next year to two year.

And is there any use for old smartphones? I am turning my old PC into a dedicated server so I can host a shitty website

tldr; windows or android tablet? Latitude or Thinkpad? Mini-tower PC or Steam Box? Recommendations?

Bonus question: What is a good voice recorder? Some of my professors are foreign and I can't understand them half the time. I have a Oneplus One and use that to record, but a dedicated voice recorder is probably better to use.
>>
I really think you should go post your blog on Reddit, and kill yourself for even asking about a steam box.
>>
>>55155304
Well, I have't gamed in a year, bu I have like 2k worth of Steam games. I know the initial box offerings were bad, but there were a variety to choose from. I figured they'd had improved by now. I never really looked into it.

I don't want a giant tower. I paid 2k back in 2006 for a Dell XPS that luckily they upgraded in 2011 for free because of warranty. The tower is huge and gives off a lot of heat.

I've seen pictures of mini-towers slightly bigger than the steam box. I don't know which would be cheaper. I'll use my flatscreen as a monitor, so I dont know if a mini-tower is big enough for a full-sized video card and cpu and a cooling system. I lived in the dorm a few years ago with my XPS and was constantly hot because of the heat it gave.

Yes, I write a lot. Aren't you my friend, anon?
Good idea, I'll post to Reddit too.
>>
>>55155381
My god dude, kill your fucking self.
You really think I'm going to read your blog? Go take your autism to Reddit, you worthless tech illiterate shit.
>>
>>55155428
You whine a lot. Is reading hard for you, retard?
>>
>>55155599
Wew lad that was such a great response that I didn't even finish reading your post. Again.
>>
>>55155289
Nice blog where do I subscribe?
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.