[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When did you grow out of Vista is bad meme? I was 17.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: desktop-view.jpg (99 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
desktop-view.jpg
99 KB, 1366x768
When did you grow out of Vista is bad meme? I was 17.
>>
grandpa?
install gentoo
>>
>>55155115
I was 19 when it came out. I never used it.
>>
>>55155127
>gentoo
nice mene kid.
>>55155128
you missed out.
>>
I was in my late 20s when it came out. In some respects it was good, but I also had multiple irrecoverable crashes on it for mysterious reasons. So I'm not a fan, but I don't hate it either.
>>
>>55155115
Never had a problem with vista, but the machine I had it on was built after Vista's launch.

Win ME, however, was shite.
>>
>>55155115
Windows vista was always great. Its just that it was shipped on laptops that only had 512mb of ram...

Also people trying to install xp drivers on it made it bsod alot.

I literally never had a problem with it after i installed a gig of ram.
>>
Vista is bad, no company supports it anymore

Intel drivers are Win7 and up only
Nvidia drivers are Win7 and up only
AYYMD HOUSEFIRES drivers are Win7 and up only
>>
>>55155321
This. The only people I saw complaining where those with shitty machines.

Never had issues with Vista myself, only after trying out the Windows 7 RC it became clear that Win7 was way better.
>>
>>55155437
anything that works on win7 works on winvista as well, they are not that different.
>>
>>55155455
Wrong, go ahead and try to install any of the latest drivers, they won't install at all

Just shows Vista users are dumb as fuck
>>
>>55155471"
laters drivers are still released as "win 10, 8, 7, vista only".
>>
The only thing bad with Vista was that the new driver model had some bugs and unpolished drivers. And the UI aged like milk...
>>
>>55155471
Ep*c haha
>>
>>55155115
Like most people, I never used it.
>>
>>55155115
I have had a laptop for years that uses vista great. I'll keep using it till support gets dropped in April. I'll move on to my windows 7 laptop till support for that dies and it's full time linux for me.
>>
during that time I was a heavy MacBook user but at Work we had one computer with Vista and one with 7. You basically couldn't tell a difference.
>>
>>55155115
When did Vista ever grow out of being bad? I upgraded to XP shortly after Vista SP1 came out, and only upgraded again when 10 came out. (I moved to 8.1 in May of 2015, but that can't be said to be an upgrade over XP)
>>
my aunt still uses Vista on a POS HP laptop but it's really starting to go to shit on her now so she'll probably be replacing it with some shitty windows 10 laptop from bestbuy soon
>>
>>55155321
>WinME

But it did have the best startup music!
>>
>>55155115
literally never, vista was shit
>>
>>55155407

This. Period.
>>
>>55158990
Ran like shit on my X2 5200+ with 2GB, which ran fantastically with XP until 2014.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.