[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: file.png (28 KB, 701x356) Image search: [Google]
file.png
28 KB, 701x356
What?
>>
FRIDAY FRIDAY GONNA GET DOWN ON FRIDAY
>>
Been getting that on Fireden too. Can't even add a permanent exception.
>>
>>55155054
Try clicking on "Advanced" to actually get info.

Hint: Their cert expired.
>>
>MAN IN THE MIDDLE
>>
>>55155054
>using the worst of all archives
>>
>>55155054
Nigga get the fuck outta there!! GO BACK!! GO BACK!! GO BACK!!
>>
Make sure your damned clocks are set correctly, you idiots. Sync them with the nearest time server for the best response.
>>
>>55155151
Nice post number
>>
File: 1400254677156.gif (513 KB, 245x175) Image search: [Google]
1400254677156.gif
513 KB, 245x175
>tfw created CA on my server so I can cheatsign wildcard certificates for all of my domains
>tfw add CA once as accepted CA so my browser views all of my shit as valid
Fuck certificate authorities and those over the top pricetags.
>>
>>55155474
why not let's encrypt?
> Bonus automatic renewals
>>
>>55155580
>free ssl certificates
What magic is this?
>>
>>55155651
It's the way SSL certs always should have been
>>
>>55155651
It boils down to 4 months renewal intervals and no wildcards.
>>
>>55155682
Which are both fine because you set it up to automatically renew them every few months and automatically get a cert for each subdomain and never worry about it again.
>>
>>55155717
Having no wildcards can be a hassle though, depending on your setup. Still beats paying god knows what a year.
>>
>>55155786
The only setup I can imagine where not having wildcards is a hassle is if you're automatically generating random subdomains very frequently.
Anything else and you can just have your renewal script run on webserver reload and detect and add new subdomains.

Hell, there are webservers like Caddy that will automatically fetch certs from letsencrypt for any subdomain you configure, including lazy-loading the cert on access.
>>
>>55155786
Got this in my mail yesterday, might interest you.

Dear StartCom customers,

This electronic mail message was created by StartCom's Administration Personnel:

StartCom, a leading global Certificate Authority (CA) and provider of trusted identity and authentication services, announces a new service – StartEncrypt today, an automatic SSL certificate issuance and installation software for your web server.

StartEncrypt is based the StartAPI system to let you get SSL certificate and install the SSL certificate in your web server for free and automatically, no any coding, just one click to install it in your server.

Compare with Let's Encrypt, StartEncrypt support Windows and Linux server for most popular web server software, and have many incomparable advantages as:

(1) Not just get the SSL certificate automatically, but install it automatically;

(2) Not just Encrypted, but also identity validated to display EV Green Bar and OV organization name in the certificate;

(3) Not just 90 days period certificate, but up to 39 months, more than 1180 days;

(4) Not just low assurance DV SSL certificate, but also high assurance OV SSL certificate and green bar EV SSL certificate;

(5) Not just for one domain, but up to 120 domains with wildcard support;

(6) All OV SSL certificate and EV SSL certificate are free, just make sure your StartSSL account is verified as Class 3 or Class 4 identity.

StartEncrypt together with StartSSL to let your website start to https without any pain, to let your website keep green bar that give more confident to your online customer and bring to online revenue to you. Let's start to encrypt now.

Please do not reply to this email. This is an unmonitored email address, and replies to this email cannot be responded to or read.
If you have any question or comments, just click Here ((https://startssl.com/reply) to send your question to us, thanks.

Best Regards
StartComâ„¢ Certification Authority
>>
>>55155851
Kinda figured this wasn't online yet but it seems I could've just linked the website: https://www.startssl.com/StartEncrypt
>>
>>55155851
>that broken English
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.