[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How the fuck do I install OSX on a VM
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: 1440734825001.gif (3 MB, 400x181) Image search: [Google]
1440734825001.gif
3 MB, 400x181
How the fuck do I install OSX on a VM
>>
>>55153261
Unless you have a Mac, it's illegal just to ask that question.
>>
Basically you can't.
Why do you want to? Development work?

Good luck.
>>
>>55153302
>Why do you want to? Development work?
Yeah
>>
File: 2016-06-19_17-51-58.jpg (538 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2016-06-19_17-51-58.jpg
538 KB, 1920x1080
>>55153261
git gud
>>
gotta get an unlocker or some shit

i have osx el capitan on vmware
>>
>Download one of the shitty premade VMs from YouTube
>Burn El capitan to a usb using unibeast
>Install in a new vm

At least that's what I did
>>
File: manlet.gif (972 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
manlet.gif
972 KB, 500x375
>>55153261
Fucking manlets.gif
>>
>>55154283
this is what i did to install hackintosh on my pc. i used a premade mavericks vm for vmware to install elcapitan on a usb
>>
>>55154283
>>55154397
>not realising the premade VM image probably hacked into your new iso from the app store
enjoy your security holes :^)
>>
>>55154503
>thinking pajeet is this smart

install teamviewer and then kys
>>
- install VMware Workstation (that installs Player as well, or just use Player but Workstation offers more customization)

- install the latest VMware unlocker (2.08) from InsanelyMac's forums

- get an ISO for the version of OSX you want to install (not all that simple, but they're out there if you look hard enough)

- install OSX using the ISO

That's about really. If you're attempting to install Yosemite (bad idea) or El Capitan (better) or Sierra's preview (it sucks so far) then you'll have to edit the vmx configuration file and add the line:

smc.version = "0"

or switch the Workstation version to 10 in the settings, choose one or the other (the smc.version line addition is recommended). Without one of those changes (not both) you won't get Yosemite/El Capitan/Sierra working in a VM, it's a must-do thing.
>>
>>55154503
this, if you don't want to use a pre-made rootkit you have to start with an earlier version like OSX 10.7 that will boot in the VM with EmpireEFI. You can then download from the app store and make a bootable iso of el-capitan, It's a long and painful process but at least you are sure to have a legit image.
>>
>>55154834
>instructions to make a bootable ISO of El-Capitan

#!/bin/bash

# Mount the installer image
hdiutil attach /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ El\ Capitan.app/Contents/SharedSupport/InstallESD.dmg -noverify -nobrowse -mountpoint /Volumes/install_app

# Create the ElCapitan Blank ISO Image of 7316mb with a Single Partition - Apple Partition Map
hdiutil create -o /tmp/ElCapitan.cdr -size 7316m -layout SPUD -fs HFS+J

# Mount the ElCapitan Blank ISO Image
hdiutil attach /tmp/ElCapitan.cdr.dmg -noverify -nobrowse -mountpoint /Volumes/install_build

# Restore the Base System into the ElCapitan Blank ISO Image
asr restore -source /Volumes/install_app/BaseSystem.dmg -target /Volumes/install_build -noprompt -noverify -erase

# Remove Package link and replace with actual files
rm /Volumes/OS\ X\ Base\ System/System/Installation/Packages
cp -rp /Volumes/install_app/Packages /Volumes/OS\ X\ Base\ System/System/Installation/

# Copy El Capitan installer dependencies
cp -rp /Volumes/install_app/BaseSystem.chunklist /Volumes/OS\ X\ Base\ System/BaseSystem.chunklist
cp -rp /Volumes/install_app/BaseSystem.dmg /Volumes/OS\ X\ Base\ System/BaseSystem.dmg

# Unmount the installer image
hdiutil detach /Volumes/install_app

# Unmount the ElCapitan ISO Image
hdiutil detach /Volumes/OS\ X\ Base\ System/

# Convert the ElCapitan ISO Image to ISO/CD master (Optional)
hdiutil convert /tmp/ElCapitan.cdr.dmg -format UDTO -o /tmp/ElCapitan.iso

# Rename the ElCapitan ISO Image and move it to the desktop
mv /tmp/ElCapitan.iso.cdr ~/Desktop/ElCapitan.iso
>>
>>55154855

Funny, I posted that script at MacRumors last year, go figure.
>>
you can use pear pc. but it's just for emulating it.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.