[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>hate Windows 10 >never try Enterprise LTSB >NO store
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: LTSB.png (774 KB, 1365x767) Image search: [Google]
LTSB.png
774 KB, 1365x767
>hate Windows 10
>never try Enterprise LTSB

>NO store
>NO store apps
>NO edge
>NO telemetry
>NO cortana
>STABLE UPDATES
>ALIKE WINDOWS 7
>DE-botnet
>>
>same shit ui
>implying the botnet is entirely disabled
>loo in the poo
>>
>>55152805
>still Windows
>>
>>55152805
>no telemetry
in your dreams
>no store
i actually need something from there
>>
it has telemetry

it also has onedrive

and it doesnt have updates, its still the build from last summer.
>>
>>55152922
>its still the build from last summer.
really?
>>
>1366x768
>Poorfags

HAHAHAHAHAHAHH
>>
>>55152922
>i don't know what ltsb means

Go to bed kid.
>>
>>55152805
Good job on pissing away your money Pajeet
>>
>>55152922
That's the fucking point you retard.

Businesses need a stable build that just works and lasts for years while getting only bug and security updates. They don't give a shit about an update every 3 months adding new phone integration or cortana features that could potentially introduce instability for little to no benefit in a work environment.
>>
>>55152805
>>NO telemetry
>>DE-botnet
Lolno
>>
It's close, but it's still not right.

Explorer and the start menu is still fucked.
You can't revert your control panel.
Can't get aero.
>>
>>55153166
Fuck aero

Why don't you just stay on Windows 7
>>
>>55153351
I am ;)
>>
>>55153166
Holy shit, somebody enjoyed that piece of shit? The only reason for existence of Aero was to keep all five people that enjoyed XP design scheme made by 5 yo to other 5 yo happy.
>>
>>55152805
There's no real reason to use it over standard Enterprise desu.

You can remove all the modern apps on that too via Powershell.

You can disable just as much botner (which isn't all of it, since it still sends data even when "disabled" and they updated the description in the November update to reflect that).

Edge is worthless, but having it there doesn't harm anything.

Cortana is just called SearchUI in LTSB. The "botnet" side is still there, just not the user-facing portion. Irrelevant when you can disable it on Enterprise anyway.

Stable updates, but no bugfixes or new features. There's a real annoying bug in LTSB where windows will open down and to the right of where they were previously as if the old window was still open, even if it's not. That's fixed in mainline versions. Being able to recolour the title bars is nice too, which was also added in the November update that LTSB doesn't have.

I used LTSB for about six months and it was fine, but the window bug made me switch to mainline Enterprise and I'm glad I did.
>>
>>55152987
Long term support bait?
>>
>>55152805

Why not LTSB n. The Windows Media player sucks anyway.
>>
File: 1446821506737.jpg (28 KB, 307x462) Image search: [Google]
1446821506737.jpg
28 KB, 307x462
>>55153034
>buying windows
>>
>>55153166
get wox, ditch start menu
>>
>>55153406
Windows 10's UI looks like it was designed in mspaint.
>>
>>55152805
But it does have telemetry
>>
>>55154324
>.net, python3 and everything.
Nice lightweight launcher breh.
>>
>>55154897
>flat design
>paint
pleb
>>
>>55154981
considering it replaces the terrible windows alt tab and start menu I couldn't care less, the rest of the things it does are just a bonus
>>
>>55154984
Is this what shilling really looks like?
>>
>>55155319
no I don't use win10 and I don't have ay plans to use it. if anything is good with windows 10 it is the design.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.