[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the least shit Windows netbook? Normally wouldn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 3473571905_71622f774d_o.jpg (422 KB, 990x660) Image search: [Google]
3473571905_71622f774d_o.jpg
422 KB, 990x660
What's the least shit Windows netbook?

Normally wouldn't consider the segment (Chromebooks are better cheap laptops in every way), but I'm going on a LONG trip where carrying my $2k Macbook wouldn't seem prudent, and space is an issue (motorcycle trip). Want Windows so I can sync phone and potentially torrent along the way.
>>
>>55150427
>Want Windows so I can sync phone and potentially torrent along the way.
>torrenting on Windows
why?
>>
Get a Chromebook and install crouton
>>
>>55150463
What's a decent inexpensive chromebook, that one can buy new
>>
Get a chuwi hi8 tablet PC instead. Only $100 and has a desktop OS unlike the chromebooks. You also get a 1080p display and 32GB internal + microsd slot & 2GB of RAM for the same price.

https://www.amazon.com/Hi8-Windows-Android-Tablet-Features/dp/B01AN6BBKI
>>
>>55150463
Won't be able to sync iPhone (to change content on it) with Linux (AFAIK?)

A cheap Windows tablet also would have done the job, except AFAIK none of them are up to powering an external HDD.

I basically need the cheapest device that (in order of priority): 1. can sync with an iPhone 2. either has an internal HDD (at least a couple hundred gigs) or can interface with one and 3. can be used to watch a movies.
>>
>>55150427
>>55150511
thinkpad x220

install windows or linux on it and you're set
>>
>>55150499
I looked at this option, but AFAIK none of these tablets can power an external OTG drive which is a bummer.

Could make it work with cheap Chinese SD cards perhaps. 128GB shark cards are $32 which doesn't seem to bad; maybe carry two of them. Is there a cheaper option for low power large storage?
>>
>>55150499
...if I do go this route, is the Chuwi the one to have?

Are and of the Chinese ~10" Windows tablets decent?
>>
>>55150572
better ask /csg/
>>
>>55150582
this
>>
>>55150427
>netbook
This isn't 2008
Netbooks are dead, now everything is a ultrabook, thin client or whatever faggy buzzword they use nowadays to sell shiny expensive low quality hardware
>>
X220 with huge battery
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.