[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Surface vs Ipad Pro
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
I'm about to embezzle some money.
Which one should i get and why?
>>
surface, has full windows as opposed to iShitOS
>>
>>55149303
Depends on your needs. I've had an iPad Air for a few years now and it still works great. Perfect for shitposting while on the toilet or couch.
>>
>>55149303
I have the surface book, AMA

its pretty good
>>
Surface if you like the pen and have Windows programs that you want to use. iPad if you want no apps that use the pen and instead good touch apps.
>>
That iPencil looks retarded.
>>
>>55149303
Surface:
>more like a 2-in-1 computing device than a tablet
>has some kinks that haven't been fully worked out regarding Surface Book, probably fixed later this year when new iteration is out
>runs Windows and allows you to use all the software you'd get to use on your desktop, as well as "App Store" programs

iPad Pro:
>more like a tablet than a 2-in-1 computing device
>less kinks
>runs the same software you could run on your iPhone, no desktop software, just apps and a mobile OS.

Depends on your needs and budget I guess.
>>
iPad Pro 9.7 with dat True Tone(tm) display for maximum comfyness
>>
>>55149303
Had both the iPad Pro 9.7 and the Surface 3, get the iPad if the main thing you do is browse the internet and listen to music, Surface for anything else.
>>
ones an actualy computer and one is a meme $800 toy that can't even download torrents
>>
It seems a lot more wise to spend money on the Surface but if you already have a notebook I think I would go for the iPad.

Sure it has a mobile OS but iOS is very well optimized for tablets and there is a lot of productivity software being developed for it and you will have a more comfortable experience using it as a tablet, windows isnt really useful with a touch screen.

Pen support also seems better, I heard a lot of reports that the surface pens lags a lot depending on what software you are using, the Apple Pencil works just as well on any app.

Also with those specs (A9X) its practically future proof since iOS is such a light OS.
>>
>>55149902
As this guy said. It just comes down to if you want a desktop OS or not. Not hating or anything, they have their advantages and you can do productivity stuff on both.
>>
>>55149303

Get the Surface if you want something that is actually a nice laptop while pretending to be something else.

Get the iPad Pro if you want a good *tablet*.
>>
File: 1446601564479.jpg (143 KB, 1000x615) Image search: [Google]
1446601564479.jpg
143 KB, 1000x615
>>55149303
>Ipad
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.