[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is a modern and user friendly gnu/linux distribution? Last
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: sh.jpg (696 KB, 2256x2704) Image search: [Google]
sh.jpg
696 KB, 2256x2704
What is a modern and user friendly gnu/linux distribution?

Last time I used linux it was Fedora 15 and I abandoned it.
>>
>>55149030
Arch Linux with e17
>>
>>55149030
None of the GNU distributions are userfriendly. They are freetard and restrictive as fuck, debian in particular.

go with Ubuntu or Mint.
>>
Ubuntu or Fedora. Depends on if you want gnome or unity by default.

Ignore the other shit, they'll just make you hate Linux distributions
>>
>>55149030

I'd like to get friendly with those titties.
>>
>>55149040
But nearly all Linux distributions are GNU/Linux, including Ubuntu and Mint which both have the GNU coreutils.
>>
>>55149030
Non-Unity Ubuntu is feeling mighty comfy. Using 16.04 LTS after doing Debian Jessie for a while. I got away from server stuff and trying to get newer stuff via apt/git/ppa was becoming a chore.
>>
>>55149030
Post more of this slut
>>
>>55149076
No, only if those who made the distribution named it that.
>>
>>55149090
Juliya
>>
File: 1464522843927.jpg (555 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
1464522843927.jpg
555 KB, 1080x1920
Gentoo
>>
>>55149228
Thanks
>>
>>55149113
Sorry, but even they decide to call their operating system an "app", that doesn't make it so.
>>
>>55149030
LXLE. Works well with Broadcom network hardware.
>>
>>55149030

Ubuntu. It has relatively recent packages, a large community, and a friendly graphical installer.

So I think the Amazon shopping lens kerfuffle is mostly behind us, but I still wouldn't recommend Unity.

As far as desktop environments go you have a lot of choices. I personally like LXDE.

Just do `sudo apt-get install lubuntu-desktop -y` or get Lubuntu to begin with.
>>
>>55149030
Ubuntu. Shitposting and memes aside, it's the easiest to use, works with the largest amount of hardware out of the box, and doesn't force you to jump through hoops to use drivers or other "not-FOSS" software like Fedora.
>>
Trisquel.
>>
>>55149030
Who is this semen demon?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.