[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do u think about codecademy?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 1
File: dsa3.png (272 KB, 681x497) Image search: [Google]
dsa3.png
272 KB, 681x497
What do u think about codecademy?
>>
>>55146913
must be very simple if monkeys use it.
>>
Niggas with thinkpads ¿? WTF
>>
A place where you go to learn the syntax of a computer language, but not programming.

It's like taking a foreign language class that teaches exclusively grammar. "I know where to put an adjective relative to a noun, but so fucking what? I don't know words and I certainly can't become Shakespeare."
>>
>>55146962
And where you can learn "programming"¿?
>>
>>55146982
From a book.
It's a wide field.
You have to understand Software Engineering practices, as well as fundamental data structures and algorithms that you can draw upon to create more complex data structures and algorithms.

With a basic understanding of computer architecture, you understand the reason why "Test and Test and Set is better than Test and Set", even though mathematically they should produce an identical result in identical time (they don't.)
I could go on, but the short of it is that you should look up a university curriculum. You sound like you're from Brazil so I'm going to immediately tell you that Richard Feynman thinks schools south of the US border are garbage.
>>
>>55146942
It the only thing durable enough for Africa.
>>
>>55146982
http://learnpythonthehardway.org/book

yw
>>
>>55147103
It would be misleading to tell someone that they will understand what "programming" truly is after completing this course.
>>
>>55147103
>a course for python 2.x in the current year
>>
>>55146913
Six weeks of Front End 101. Only useful for syntax and flow control for high school students and social activists.
>>
>>55147279

Social Activists¿?¿ WTF
>>
>>55146942
>>55146982
>>55147558

Why do you beaners use that upside down question mark? Is it to emphasize the question?
>>
>>55146962
This. Tried learning python from Codecademy, had no idea what the fuck I am doing. inventwithpython.com is the site I used to learn the words.
>>
have you guys heard of pythontutor.com ?

not really a place that teaches you stuff exactly, but it lets you visualize code in various languages (started with python)
>>
>>55149693
Why not just use the IDE and another site side by side?
>>
>>55149327

que⁉️ ¿¿¿???
>>
>>55147025
>Brazil
Portuguese doesn't use upside down question marks. Seems like schools above the southern US border aren't that good either.
>>
>>55146913

i learnt coding through it six months ago, new job starting @ 300k on monday
>>
>>55149327
it's actually pretty smart. you know it's going to be a question from the beginning. it's probably not that helpful when reading silently, but if you have to read aloud to an audience, your inflections will be correct from the start
>>
>someone "taught themselves" something using tutorials/guides made by other people

I've never understood this phrase.

When I was little I was always impressed at anyone who "taught themselves" something, even if they weren't that great at what they did. I genuinely thought that just picked up an instrument or went on a computer and fiddled around until they learned how to use it. When I got older I realized that they were just using tutorials like I had been doing, and I realized that most people are stupid and can barely learn to do anything despite having countless resources available.

/blog
>>
>>55149327
¿por qué no preguntarías de esta manera gringo?
>>
>>55149968
teaching yourself is impressive . It shows you are dedicated and interested.
>>
>>55149763
>giving a fuck about spic language or spics in general
Moonman moonman, black lives matter
>no they're worth less than fecal matter
>>
>>55149327
¿what the fuck are you talking about gringo?
>>
>>55149968
>implying that's not teaching yourself
>>
>>55147237
what's the difference between it and 3.x?
>>
>>55149327
En ingles no deberian ni tener el signo de abrir pregunta.
>>
>>55150163
>pensando que todos son negros de mexico hacia abajo
>>
>>55149327
Pendejo ignorante.
>>
>>55150443

Son blancos hasta Monterrey N.L., y a partir de ahi hasta argentina puros negros. Menos las Malvinas porque ahí son Británicos.
>>
>>55150957
Pendejo ignorante.
>>
>>55149968
So did you teach yourself by looking at a text editor until some divine intervention hit and you suddenly knew how to program?
>>
>>55149763
As if I care about languages used almost exclusively south of the border.
>>
¡PUTOS NEGROS!
>>
>>55151027
>I realized that they were just using tutorials like I had been doing

Reading comprehension?

There's nothing impressive about using a tutorial to learn something. I do it all the time and have since I was little. Being unable to use tutorials makes them stupid.
>>
>>55146982
http://www.ccs.neu.edu/home/matthias/HtDP2e/

you are welcome famalam
>>
>>55152306
What the fuck is wrong with you? a tutorial? Do you enjoy reinventing the wheel? Would you also figure out evolution, algebra and your country's history without going to school?
>>
>>55151222
>almost exclusively
>among the 5 most spoken languages on the world
Ameritards, everybody!
>>
>>55149782
they don't have questions as like english questions afaik, so as you said it helps

what is yorur name?:
¿your name is?

ps: I may be wrong
>>
>>55154651
This sounds right. French has both styles, i.e. They have both:

Peux-tu me dire ton nom?
Can you tell me your name?

And

Tu peux me dire ton nom?
You can tell me your name?

Both ask exactly the same thing. The top is more correct but the bottom is just as commonly used.
>>
>>55154861
The bottom sounds like when they attempt to speak in English, ive talked with many Europeans not just French and they would often phrase a question like that
>>
good intro before properly learning a language
>>
What's the best way to learn Python? Don't have any prior programming knowledge but I'm interested in learning Python.
>>
Tons of motherfuckers "learn to code" but most of them never get jobs as programmers.
>>
>>55146913
>What do u think about codecademy?

I don't have an opinion.
>>
>>55146932
Wow such a cool guy, fuck off back to /pol/ you edgelord
>>
>>55154319
So are the token varieties of Chinese, but it doesn't make them relevant to anyone that isn't a greasy shyster.

Face it, your language is worth nothing and the only thing you have going for it is drugs and construction.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.