[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone familiar with this "The Dao" clusterfuck? I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: tual.jpg (32 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
tual.jpg
32 KB, 512x512
Anyone familiar with this "The Dao" clusterfuck?

I work at the Ethereum Foundation, and word on the street is that individuals who invested in the Dao could be held liable for the stolen funds. Apparently the Dao was structured as an unlimited liability partnership, meaning those of us who participated are potentially liable for our partners' loss of funds.

Stephen Tual can suck on my fucking cock.
>>
>>55144655
Yeah, okay, stolen funds, whatever. Eth got outplayed at their own numb game. The protections just aren't there for decentralization tech right now, sorry about your luck.
>>
>>55144810
its cool, i didnt lose much. it's a learning experience for the community. If anything, ethereum worked a little too well here.
>>
>>55144655
>>55144810
>>55144939
It's working as intended.
>>
>>55144655
Ether isn't technically money and there's no way to identify anyone who bought into the DAO presale. This is all just theoretical speculation, the reality is no legal action will take place, the hacker may or may not make his way out with tens of thousands of dollars worth of ETH and everyone who invested in the DAO lost what they put in. Also Stephan Tual's name is about as shit as Karpeles's at this point.

I put a pretty minimal amount in the DAO, most of my losses have been from the media backlash driving the price of Ether back down, but I got in when it was still in the $2.30s so whatever. I'm personally hoping for a soft fork to disable the stolen funds and deflate the economy, but that's mostly for my own financial gain.
>>
> blockchain startups
I will have the last laugh when you memed yourself dead you stupid cyber hipsters.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.