[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the fuck is my cpu? Is it good? I have a i7 3820 @3.6GHz,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: Intel_Core_i7_3820-1.jpg (263 KB, 1680x1120) Image search: [Google]
Intel_Core_i7_3820-1.jpg
263 KB, 1680x1120
What the fuck is my cpu? Is it good?

I have a i7 3820 @3.6GHz, everywhere I've looked seems to import it from Japan, and its like $450 new, but only $150 used. Is this even a good CPU? I can hardly find any actual information on it, and I bought this 2-3 years ago, before I had any knowledge of computers. Why is it out of stock EVERYWHERE and all of them are importing from Japan?
>>
They only make specific models of processors for a year at most. once the next gen ramps up (or even incremental improvements) the equipment can't be used for older models. It wouldn't be profitable anyways.
>>
>>55144501
4 core Sandy Bridge-E
Dunno if you can OC it but there's nothing wrong with it. Your mobo supports 4 channel DDR3 so basically it's a fancy i7 2600. Check for benchmarks for the 2600k or something and imagine yours being a snidge better.
>>
relax nigga it's fine.
I question why anyone would buy an i7 and not a Xeon E3, but whatever.
>>
i7 is great for pretty much anything, no need to upgrade. Only reason you can't find it is because its old and they dont manufacture it anymore.

Consider this: if the generation before your cpu (sandy bridge) is still very much alive and kicking, then you have no reason to upgrade for the next few years
>>
>>55144792
I actually was about to get the Xeon e3 1246v3 but i went with the 4790k for higher base and boost clock speeds. In reality i couldve easily done xeon though
>>
I recently purchased a i5 3570?
Did I do good? It was the only one I could really find for my socket.
>>
>>55145161
Did you get it cheap? How much did you spend
>>
>>55145177
>£200 ($350?)
I don't like that you asked me that :(
I only got it for mid tier gaming and I have a shitty outdated mobo
>>
>>55144501
What's the name of your motherboard or computer?
>>
>>55145212
Sorry buddy, you couldve got it used on a few other sites much cheaper. Good thing is itll last you a while though
>>
It's essentially the 2600k but can be used on the x79 platform. It is technically overclockable but I dont think the multiplier is unlocked. If you said you spent $350, you got ripped off son. $320 can get you a brand new 5820k. Or $280 will get a 6700k
>>
>>55145369
3 years ago u fucking moron
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.