[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I met a guy online a few years ago and he really wanted to date
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: this is fine.png (201 KB, 598x292) Image search: [Google]
this is fine.png
201 KB, 598x292
I met a guy online a few years ago and he really wanted to date me. He messaged and called me all the time. I wasn't disinterested but I wasn't anywhere near as interested in him as he was in me. He was very pushy and controlling but I didn't realise it at the time because he was very charming.

One day he got into my Facebook account and changed my password and changed the details to his email account. When I confronted him about it he said he was a hacker. I didn't believe him because he was just a normal guy with a retail job. His reason for doing this was that we were "meant to be together."

This was about five or six years ago. How would he have gotten into my Facebook account?
>>
>>55143272
No clue. I'd guess phising or weak password-security/easy recovery questions on your part.
>>
>>55143272
he answered the recovery questions because you told him everything there was to tell about yourself, you retarded whore.
>>
>>55143313
If he did that wouldn't he need to have first hacked my email?
>>
>>55143323
and does your email not have a password recovery?
>>
>>55143323
he could have used the recovery questions on your email...
>>
>>55143347
>>55143360
Where would that password recovery have been sent to though? Would it just have been displayed on screen?

iirc I was using Hotmail at the time. There wasn't two-factor authentication, or if there was I wasn't using it.
>>
Nice blog.

Where do I subscribe?
>>
>>55143373
hotmail was, and most likely still is, shit. i had hotmail accounts that were hacked a decade ago through what i'm guessing was brute force unless hotmail in particular had some vulnerability.
>>
>>55143402
To be honest I think my password at the time was pretty secure.

It's possible that there was a vulnerability, and it looks like there were apps floating around for breaking hotmail accounts.

I think more than likely it was one of these tools or simple password recovery shenanigans. Either way what it boils down to is Hotmail being shit.
>>
>>55143272
>meet a guy
gtfo
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.