[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Game Dev Barbie...really makes your think.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (47 KB, 229x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47 KB, 229x640
Game Dev Barbie...really makes your think.
>>
File: 1465920968036.jpg (143 KB, 780x660) Image search: [Google]
1465920968036.jpg
143 KB, 780x660
>>55143111
>>
>>55143111
do female game "devs" even do anything but act as a bait to attract horny virgin teenagers?
>>
>>55143138
>Hire based on!
>everything except for capability

Our society is going to rapidly devolve back into feudalism because of you "progressive" motherfuckers.
>>
>>55143156
By attracting decent programmers and convincing them to work 80 hours a week for 40k and no benefits, they are an important part of the company.
>>
>>55143111
>>55143138
Who gives a shit? If they make something decent, they'll be fine. If they suck, they'll fuck up Ubisoft.
Sounds like a win-win to me.
>>
File: 1466110017183.jpg (9 KB, 182x269) Image search: [Google]
1466110017183.jpg
9 KB, 182x269
>>55143111
>dyed hair
>problem glasses
>headset with a mic
>balancing her laptop on her arm like its fucking Yu-Gi-Oh

(nice trips OP)
>>
>>55143240
> ubisoft only released shit games since 2014
>>
File: 1462033283181.jpg (30 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1462033283181.jpg
30 KB, 400x400
>>55143138
>The best decisions are always made with a diverse group of minds, not necessarily a talented or passionate one.

This is the worst though through thing I've ever said. First, it's saying that woman and minorities think differently to white cishit males AND they're saying that they're not actually talented or passionate.

I want to throw up.
>>
>>55143156
The thing about women in fields dominated by men is that it generally turns women into two types:

1.) Women who interpret the attention of their coworkers as a testament of their personal qualities. They think their 20 beta orbiters are somehow an achievement and have no dignity or decency, so they ruthlessly exploit them.

2.) Women who learn by reflection (if they haven't already) that success is the product of hard work and talent. They are usually somewhat reserved and don't see the option to let a few ugly nerds do all the work for them, lured by some virtual pussy.

The environment separates those two types very sharply. If you know what to look out for, you can meet the most amazing women in mathematics, physics, engineering and CS.
>>
>>55143436
god i butchered that,

let me rephrase

>This is the worst thought through sentence I have ever read.
>>
>>55143138
>hire based on gender!
blatant sexism, did they even read what they wrote?
>>
Half of these replies have nothing to do with "game dev Barbie" or how it would affect the industry.

I think it would be good because it might spark more woman to have a real interest in technology. I don't have anything against them being in the industry as long as they're treated like everyone else.

Right now a lot of woman who try it do it want to get into it go make money instead of being passionate about it.

If from a young age they see it's an option, and it's not shown as a male hobby, then they might give it a chance as a honest hobby they like. Which is great for everyone.
>>
>>55143921
Go put your va/g/ina on vibrate.
>>
>>55143111
>>55143138
Two companies trying to see pander to the feminist crowd but doing it wrong.
Barbie is pretty much the symbol of the female gender role and Ubisoft is being literally sexist.
>>
File: Shape_Up_game_from_Ubisoft.jpg (25 KB, 280x356) Image search: [Google]
Shape_Up_game_from_Ubisoft.jpg
25 KB, 280x356
>>55143138
women are a (relatively) untapped revenue stream for the gaming industry
so it makes sense for them to hire more women developers to make 'women-friendly' games, as women are fundamentally different to men (smaller brains, more emotional etc)
>>
>>55143445
Underrated.

Studying Computer Science, we only have like 1 girl in 20 guys and you're absolutly right.
>>
>>55143138
>fired the token black guy
>>
>>55144242
white women are more diverse what can I say
>>
>>55144236
I just graduated from a small school. My CS program was full of women. My only regret was that I didn't ask out the hottie from the crew team before she got a boyfriend.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.